The Hero and the Sage, Reincarnated and Engaged - Ch. 16 - Meaning in victory

Dex-chan lover
Thank for the chapter. I read it in the raws, there is first part is missing (entire duel), now i finally know what happened.
"Get seggs already you two!" -Shinzou Abe
20240122-25900-header.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Rufus: Cool dog. But can it fly?
Elria: No, but it can do this.
oYFeL2I.png

Good boy!
Rufus: Not fair!
Anyway, Reid has a very beautiful pet at home.
dX03BsJ.png

S4X0vIE.png

:smugnako:
Millis almost dug herself a grave.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think it's pretty clear cut that the two of them will remain in this wholesome relationship until the end. That said, I also find the dragon loli's mini character arc a little wack. She was just introduced (and thus flimsy as a character, since we know nothing about her motivations YET), asks for a fight, loses, then proclaims that "only victory matters" after a pretty cocky display. They're evidently hinting at there being some sort of sad backstory to her, but I feel like the way it was executed makes HER look like a bad person; which might be what they're going for, but I'm not a fan since it detracts from the main focus of introducing her and the sop backstory.

Dragon-loli is being set up to be trained by waifu. Clear cutto

Dex-chan lover
Just the general term filler is being used. It's unimportant chapters that pad out stuff between actual story progression
People have gotten far too used to calling everything that isn't directly advancing the plot at the pace (and direction) they desire "filler", in part thanks to the atrocious padding of Dragonball Z, Naruto, and Bleach in their anime.

Dex-chan lover
here comes the filler
It isn't tho, from what i search on google, all manga chapter is canon and no filler. Filler is only for anime when they outpace the manga
Just the general term filler is being used. It's unimportant chapters that pad out stuff between actual story progression
This is not filler. From what I've seen of this arc in the novel, it all connects nicely to form the main arc of this volume, and ties into the main story too.

I don't really get the new girl and what they're trying to do with her. Like she had a random 180 and did she really just say "only victory matters" to someone that could solo her whole country? She asked for the fight, lost, was a sore loser about it, and begged to keep going. The bit about killing intent and going all out was a real hoot. As if she'd last 30 seconds in a real fight with either of the broken op hax leads.
This is normal. We'll learn what she is all about a few chapters later.

Users who are viewing this thread