The Heroine of Drayfox - Ch. 8

This chapter was really bittersweet. I wonder if we’ll ever see her old family ever again?

I did not except tearing up on a pretty generic korean isekai shoujo. But damn what the girl said is so damn relatable. I always think of my family whenever I have suicidal thoughts, and while my depression would always make me think that my death will make my parents and brothers have a more comfortable life, I know it'd also break their hearts if they lose me.

Still doesn't mean I'm not gonna drop this. xD

honestly, im on FMC's side. her reaction was justified especially considering how abrupt her death was. Plus, she had no idea she would harm her current family... nobody told her about the mana she has or even the full extent of it. to her, she was just lashing out about what has happened to her.

@Cantaloupes
Her reaction is understandable, but she doesn't deserve hate for it. She never once wished harm on her new family and that is enough for me, it is all about intentions.
She did wish for them to disappear when she was mad though, but people say things they don't mean when they lose their calm.
I like this mc and the pace of this webtoon. Honestly, the only thing I dislike about this series is that piece of shit old lady that took her life.
@StMotherNutella
I teared up too I guess. This isn't a generic shoujo if it made you tear up though. Not going to drop it honestly.

gosh... i feel like i would do the exact same thing if i was in her position if i have some rough things going on with my family i really do care for all of them.... i really would hope to erase my memories so i wouldnt have to suffer with that mentality of my old family my whole life. i really love this smmm!!!

She has no manner at all. I mean how could she just slap people like that?? She keeps saying she's 20 but she keeps acting like a fucking child. Tbh she's getting annoying

Fed-Kun's army
@Heenimakira What the fuck is up with you people. Is this the first time you're actually reading a manga were someones reactions are actually semi-realistic? Fuck off.

If you wanna imagine how she feels, imagine how it'd feel for you if someone just walked up to your parents (or entire family) and shot them in head, instant death. That is probably how she feels. You'd lash out at everyone.

@Wilhelm_Stenvall first of all that's not a good comparison at all. Secondly i understand the fact that she wants to go home and miss her parents, but that doesn't mean she can just slap people out of nowhere. What i don't like is how she slapped that lady, i have no problem with her wanting to go home

Aw I liked this chapter. Hansol is such a realistic character. If I were in her position, I would have acted the same way since I love my family just as much. The author did a good job at bringing her to acceptance of her situation and ammending her feelings of loss while not completely erasing them.

It's good that the author is attempting going to go down a different route than the usual MC's reincarnation Idk wtf is going on trope. But if it gets too realistic, then it just becomes annoying. This is a fantasy manhua, I didn't come here to relate.

I really like how this author addressed this issue.

One thing that always bothered me in reincarnation/isekai series, especially chinese ones lmao, is that the person just so readily accept the new family of the body they take over with little dissonance. DESPITE how many of those had families and such. I feel like a lot of people will get PTSD if they were actually reincarnated. It's not just even losing your own family, it's losing everything you've ever known, your family, your environment, your world all at once, with no one in the world who will ever know that world even existed. It's lonely. Some people do deal with it better than others, but "people in general" don't just naturally get over it.

I'm tearing up... Ugh. I'm always sensitive to stories with family issues

This was legitimately pretty sad. It's great to see an isekai where someone actually cares about the people they left behind, and accepts that they can never go back.

Bro why does the dragon remind me of pooh the fucking bear lmao I keep cracking up when I see his design. Dragons don't really have stretchy skin they should have scales. I mean that's if you wanna make the dragon feel dangerous and old or gentle and old, make him like.. Any other dragon design, this guy just looks like a plush.

I freaking cried yo its so relatable. If it happens to me, I would definitely miss my family, even my petty brother TT TT

Okay it’s sad, but she’s apparently been slapping and screaming at Monia to vent her frustration? Because, what, she had the audacity to want to look at her own baby’s face? I understand, it’s stressful, it’s painful, but that doesn’t give you a right to take It out on others, much less for 6 months. She’s heartbroken for her mom but she literally couldn’t care less if Finea disappears and makes Monia feel the same, only worse because it’s not a high school child but a baby who’s spent her entire life either sleeping or screaming, which sounds like an awful life. She doesn’t even bother considering it. She doesn’t bother with how stressed out her new parents are by her actions, because you can bet they’re losing sleep over a child who insists on throwing herself out of a crib, climbing all over a book shelf, refuses to eat, refuses to sleep, and, oh yeah, hates their guts. And even ignoring the magical storm, babies can do damage. If she’s slapping people hard enough to push their faces away, chances are she’s been scratching and biting and yanking when throwing a tantrum, which could easily draw blood. I’m not sympathetic, she’s been purposefully ignorant and in denial for half a year as an excuse to take it out on all the people around her, which is incredibly immature for her age. She has no reason to blame them but she does

Fed-Kun's army
@Runisuni She's under no obligation to really care - she was murdered and wanted to go back home. Her selfish desires made her latch onto a stretch that was "magic exists therefore I can go back home." It wasn't until the dragon told her that she couldn't that she started moving on. This mini-arc could've been done better but it made its point. Also she blamed them for getting in her way when she was trying to accomplish her goal of returning home. Imagine being a grown adult stuck in a cradle or restrained for most of the day and only occasionally being able to get free and do what you need to accomplish - it's like moving a mountain one grain at a time. Like, why would she care how they feel - she's being held against her will as a baby by people she doesn't know. That builds resentment. It wasn't until realizing she can't go back and she's stuck in her new body that things clicked for her.

This chapter was epic but a roller coaster of emotions as well; I cried rivers and I feel like an idiot, lol. Being serious, it really hurt me how she had to went through all of this turmoil in order to finally understand and accept the situation she's in, but I'm really glad she did. Personally I felt anger, sadness, and emptiness through the whole chapter, but the last part with the dragon was dope af.

I think part of the reason why she was in such strong denial is that nobody could talk to her before, nobody could hear or understand her pain and nobody could have talked with her in the level of complexity she needed. Everyone gave her everything without thinking twice, their love, their care, their protection, so ofc she didn't know how to take all that because she didn't have the opportunity to appreciate that with her previous family in a more conscious way. Yeah, she was stupid and cruel in this new world, but now she faced reality and won't deny it. If this whole process has changed her (finally) for good and forever, then I'll take this development of her character with happiness; this is way better than being an ignorant brat forever.

Btw, I really~ loved the dragon, he was a mentor and a friend who talked to her as equals, not sugarcoating anything and forcing her to face everything she did and felt, pretty badass and cool if u ask me. Also, these lines were so cool:

"May the girl's sadness and frustration not make her foolish, and may her struggles not be in vain. I consider her happiness to be my happiness, my protection will be to grant the girl's wish".​

Users who are viewing this thread