The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 10 Ch. 43 - Amid the Chaos

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie, they had us on the first half...

Thanks for your hard work!!

Dex-chan lover
Scarlet losing her tsun-tsun way?! Or Connie just too cute?

Dex-chan lover
zLvFsOY.png

Nobita vibe.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for deciding to stick with it, this manga adaptation deserves more love. One question, though, why miss Abby? Abigail is a married woman and Cony is aware of this, I remember the nickname being asked for, but I feel Conny wouldn't even dream of calling a married, older, noble woman "miss."

Group Leader
Thank you for deciding to stick with it, this manga adaptation deserves more love. One question, though, why miss Abby? Abigail is a married woman and Cony is aware of this, I remember the nickname being asked for, but I feel Conny wouldn't even dream of calling a married, older, noble woman "miss."
in previous chapters (just went back and checked real quick, 27 for example) she does refer to her as “miss abigail.” in this chapter she specifically calls her abby. there are times when people will call her “lady” (usually how “-sama” is translated) but here ”miss/mister” replaces “-san,” which is a polite but less title-y honorific.

Dex-chan lover
in previous chapters (just went back and checked real quick, 27 for example) she does refer to her as “miss abigail.” in this chapter she specifically calls her abby. there are times when people will call her “lady” (usually how “-sama” is translated) but here ”miss/mister” replaces “-san,” which is a polite but less title-y honorific.
I don't know Japanese, so I won't argue about it, but calling a married woman miss is something that doesn't happen in English, as far as I'm aware. I don't understand the intricacies of Japanese honorifics, so I wouldn't know how to correctly translated it, so I will defer to your judgement here.

Group Leader
I don't know Japanese, so I won't argue about it, but calling a married woman miss is something that doesn't happen in English, as far as I'm aware. I don't understand the intricacies of Japanese honorifics, so I wouldn't know how to correctly translated it, so I will defer to your judgement here.
no, that’s fair! i probably could have used missus, but i’m also trying to keep things as consistent as possible with the previous tl. something to consider further tho! thanks for bringing it up.

Double-page supporter
Hell yeah! Than you for picking this up!
Hurrah for more ghost tiddies and high society conspiracies!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking it up again!
Abby is one hell of a woman, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread