The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 10 Ch. 48 - Abigail's Return, And...

Dex-chan lover
Again, thank you very much for the speedy updates!! Glad we're finally caught up with the raws. I shall wait with bated breath.
Finally, the dots are starting to connect!! It's so satisfying to see it finally happen, unified in the underlying overarching plot. The plan to start a war is pretty much certain since many chapters ago, but it's nice to have it confirmed and for the protagonists to know. How does Scarlet's execution play into this, exactly? Can't wait to find out!
That said, there were such big gaps between chapter releases here/when I read them and with so many things happened, I already forgot some details...perhaps a re-read is due.
On another note, I already know this, but man, Rudy is so cute...I love him.

Dex-chan lover
I see.. if Scarlet gets married, Faris gonna asspull that the kingdom is now under Faris.

Scarlet is the daughter alleged to be the Crownless Queen.

With Scarlet on the throne Faris can absorb the kingdom slowly under pretext curbing the rampant drugs having the noble that buys their child slaves under their thumb.

Oo, that was clever.

Dex-chan lover
Abigail's family is adorable.
I'm amazed that Connie is still being surprised by these things when she's witnessed her country's corruption.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for this volume. Am I to assume the next volume won't come out until late 2024?

Dex-chan lover
I see.. if Scarlet gets married, Faris gonna asspull that the kingdom is now under Faris.

Scarlet is the daughter alleged to be the Crownless Queen.

With Scarlet on the throne Faris can absorb the kingdom slowly under pretext curbing the rampant drugs having the noble that buys their child slaves under their thumb.

Oo, that was clever.
Imagine just saying something along the lines of "we can't have a member of our royal family among barbarians!" We are missing a piece, though. The new plan has a casus belli and I can't see the old plan not having one. Faris has been extremely cautious with this whole conspiracy to leave something that important up to the air.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine just saying something along the lines of "we can't have a member of our royal family among barbarians!" We are missing a piece, though. The new plan has a casus belli and I can't see the old plan not having one. Faris has been extremely cautious with this whole conspiracy to leave something that important up to the air.
They don't have to treat Scarlet as legitimate royalty.

She was obviously going to be treated as a tool for Faris and discarded after they absorb the kingdom.

All they need is have the kingdom's noble in their pocket to support Scarlet claim and weakening the overall kingdom manpower with drugs.

The nobles will employ Farisian to populate their fiefdom. Taking over without big war erupting.

You could see in places like Sweden where they just let refugees taking control their streets. It's a big stretch but not so far off.

Fed-Kun's army
Glad this got translated. Yen Press i think is 3 volumes late since they're just waiting to get all chapters to be compiled up.
I thought Lily would be mentioned since as i remember she's also one of those that get Daegaz thinking there's something up that's why the war didnt happen.

Dex-chan lover
Politics amIright...
Thank you so much for the translation! Love the intrigue of this manga!

Dex-chan lover
THE PLOT THICKENS

It's funny that Momoyama Hinase's (the artist) comment on the (inner?) back cover is "(this manga) is full of cool women!". Even the artist acknowledges that we have lots of cool ladies.

Thanks for all your work, @ginrezis!

Resident Yuripig
Group Leader
Oh fuck, so Scarlett basically sacrificed herself?
Incorrect. (but HUGE spoilers if I tell you why that is true)

We are back to the main plot. And possibly the final arc as well.
We never got off the main plot. And this is NOT the final arc.

First, the princess genuinly didn't know that scarlet would've really dead after she went to her jail.

Second, the prince didn't know about that too.

Third, the king is the one who charged the execution decision

Forth, castiel's ducal head, Scarlet's father, already mentioned that he didn't moved his influence inspite her daughter's execution. The brother was the one who do all that

Fifth, grail's current partner already asked castiel's duke about the 'holy grail' plan and his answer is somewhat 'don't make a move unless you can win in one go'.

Sixth, for some reason the princess actually poisoned herself with abbortion medicine. But the mc didn't aware her intention and messing her plan to not keep poisoning herself.
You're OH, SO CLOSE!, but not quite...

Seriously, people, you guys REALLY should read the LN. It's literally one of the best LNs to come out of Japan. That said... the manga is a VERY good adaptation of the LN. You just have to wait longer for the OH SHIT! moments...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So what? Scarlet's death was caused by the anti-war faction?

I guess we are going to war then:salute:

This prompted me to read the LN, in deep need of spoilers, and I have no regrets. It's a great one.

Dex-chan lover
My theory for the sixth point is she want to save the country as double agent. One of the proof was she easily killed one of daegaz that being held hostage instead of letting him away. And her act of slowly killing herself is her desperate act to hinder daegaz's plan. If she dies too quickly, the war would occur. If she is not useful in daegaz's eyes, daegaz would kill her and the war would still occur too. The safe plan is she dies because she is sick (no one knows about the poison)
shes taking the abortion medicine purely because she doesn't want to have her husbands child... cause shes in love with her childhood friend mentioned last chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Incorrect. (but HUGE spoilers if I tell you why that is true)

We never got off the main plot. And this is NOT the final arc.

You're OH, SO CLOSE!, but not quite...

Seriously, people, you guys REALLY should read the LN. It's literally one of the best LNs to come out of Japan. That said... the manga is a VERY good adaptation of the LN. You just have to wait longer for the OH SHIT! moments...
If i had to guess, and just to be safe i will put it in spoilers in case i guess correctly:
The secret organization Daeg Gallus has smuggled Jackal's Paradise, into Adelbide's noble society for the last ten years to destabilize and fuck up nobility and their decision making ability.They wanted to start a war between Faris and Adelbide, claiming to want to crown Scarlett as the rightful heir to Adelbide's throne and then turn Adelbide, with its vast rich lands mentioned numerous times throughout the story thus far, back into a vassal state of Faris, which i believe was briefly mentioned in a wall of text a while ago. Scarlett's father and King Adelbide saw through that plan and had to sacrifice Scarlett to save an important noble who was guarding Adelbide's border, while robbing Faris of their reason to start the war. thus using scarlett as a sacrificial pawn which is why the father didnt use any resources to save his daughter. The bad guys always intended to save scarlett from her unjust execution as a means to get her in their debt but that plan was fucked by the king and her own dad.

Resident Yuripig
Group Leader
If i had to guess, and just to be safe i will put it in spoilers in case i guess correctly:
The secret organization Daeg Gallus has smuggled Jackal's Paradise, into Adelbide's noble society for the last ten years to destabilize and fuck up nobility and their decision making ability.They wanted to start a war between Faris and Adelbide, claiming to want to crown Scarlett as the rightful heir to Adelbide's throne and then turn Adelbide, with its vast rich lands mentioned numerous times throughout the story thus far, back into a vassal state of Faris, which i believe was briefly mentioned in a wall of text a while ago. Scarlett's father and King Adelbide saw through that plan and had to sacrifice Scarlett to save an important noble who was guarding Adelbide's border, while robbing Faris of their reason to start the war. thus using scarlett as a sacrificial pawn which is why the father didnt use any resources to save his daughter. The bad guys always intended to save scarlett from her unjust execution as a means to get her in their debt but that plan was fucked by the king and her own dad.
You're so damned close it's scary.......

Dex-chan lover
You're so damned close it's scary.......
So fun fact, I write about 3 novels a year, and edit novels in my spare time to supplement my income. I am VERY well versed in tropes and writing and plot structure. That makes it very hard for me not to guess plot elements for any form of media ahead of time, and usually i am about 80-87% correct with my guesses, not accounting for any unique twists an author can throw into the mix that i might not see coming.

Dex-chan lover
blinks what the hell do you think the last 50 chapters have been? Fun with politics? It's been establishing the fucking plot!
It's been so long, it felt like the kidnapped prince was a dropped plot point, and nothing actually connected back to Scarlet.

Users who are viewing this thread