The Horizon - Vol. 3 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
I definitely would have liked more setting, but it was a good vehicle for the other stuff too. And the 2deep4me stuff was definitely the focus here.

I m pretty sur he didn t die, first when they told Him to be careful he respond "i ll be back" There is no point of lying, then when he is young in the water with the flashback, a hand pull in upward wich mean to tell him to keep living for the future, life may be worthless sometimes but nothing worth moreau than life so he will live until he can see her again

Aggregator gang
that "korean jesus hands" pulling him up was probably a sign he died complete with that send off and going alone on a boat ending his journey towards the endless unknown horizon of the afterlife...
probably...
must've been a a very religious south korean christian.

Dex-chan lover
And, it's a ok ending.
The man started to believe in the humanity and in the future and in the last image with the boy and girl run together it seems that they reunited in Heavens.

Group Leader
There really are no words. This was an incredible journey beautifully told. 10/10 would recommend.

Supporter
A story of loss, and of exceptional love.

I pray we all learn from such sentiments and become better men and women because of it.

Dex-chan lover
Mr Whale no!
Happiest chapter yet, there's one more right? i worry because this would have been a perfect ending, i am afraid.

Dex-chan lover
I really wish he and the girl could have made it to the end together, but I'm glad he found some family even if it came so late in his life. Not gonna lie, I probably would have been like that first little girl after that explosion.

korean-jesus-is-buff-as-hell-bro_fb_4243121.jpg

I feel so bad for the girl, she lost her family, then her new family one member at a time, was nearly raped by a retarded, had to see her companion nearly taking a dark turn, realized she was fed human meat, had the scared of losing her last loved one and once her life had a silver lining even a promise of a happy life with the one she loved, she dies, I know the kid also had a horrible life but damn, that girl never cought a break.
The art was gorgeous, the story well structured and the ending full of hope, overall this is a great work and even deserves an award, however.... like every tragic stories I will not read this again, at least not for several years, beautiful as they are, I honestly hate dramatic tragic stories, I read or play works of fiction to escape the a cruel reality of life not to be reminded of it and increased 10 fold.
Nothing wrong with the story it's just my personal preference.

I wanna know the boy's backstory tho. And I was expecting the boy to find "the end of the road" bcuz I thought that's the goal of this story since the first chapter, to reach "the horizon". Still a great story tho. Glad it was a happy ending

damn i usually immerse myself in wholesome optimistic shoujo to escape from reality but this was so nihilistic yet beautiful

rollercoaster of emotions, i'm glad that we got a happy ending.

Dex-chan lover
Man that time skip was stupid
He just spend like 50 years alone in a beach house? Ok then
Also good that the girl was killed off so he could have the same arc again with the granddaughter
Guess we needed some more shockfactor
The other girl killing herself made me laugh out loud that shit was just too edgy even for this manga

Weak ending to a great story

Users who are viewing this thread