The Hundred Ghost Stories That Led to My Death - Ch. 71 - Artificial Intelligence

Dex-chan lover
Awwww. They're still together. That's... That's great... :glee:

I'd feel more hopeful for Yuuma, except there's almost thirty chapters to go and I doubt Eyepatch Cop will survive that long. :cry:

Dex-chan lover
Honestly this story felt a little flat, simply because of the premise that we are supposed to accept that randomly, AI can look and act like humans, even grow up like humans. We don't see any of that in the actual story except at the very end, and even then, you could take out the AI part and the story would still work if it was something like a zombie virus or anything supernatural.

I guess it's supposed to go into the fear of AIs taking over the world or something, but even with the advancements in AI tech today, we're still an incredibly long way away from self-aware AI tech.

Dex-chan lover
AI in media is always "Ai isn't real like humans" or "Its just software" but doesn't ask the more interesting philosophical question of "what does it even mean to be human when we've made software indistinguishable from us?"

The humanistic mysticism is somehow maintained, meaning we don't fully understand what goes on in our brains that makes us distinct from code...yet we still managed to make AI that we also don't understand???

Dex-chan lover
Honestly this story felt a little flat, simply because of the premise that we are supposed to accept that randomly, AI can look and act like humans, even grow up like humans. We don't see any of that in the actual story except at the very end, and even then, you could take out the AI part and the story would still work if it was something like a zombie virus or anything supernatural.

I guess it's supposed to go into the fear of AIs taking over the world or something, but even with the advancements in AI tech today, we're still an incredibly long way away from self-aware AI tech.
Not to mention if they're literally human in all aspects, what makes them different than a human?

Dex-chan lover

The point of this story is that the AI have a sick sense of humor and were merely pretending to be Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
I bet they havn't watched The Matrix before. You just gotta take red pill.

Fed-Kun's army
If they can age like normal humans do then they can probably get to a point where their bodies don't respond and turn themselves off or something, silly robots

Users who are viewing this thread