The Hundred Ghost Stories That Led to My Death - Ch. 72 - Morohakayama Station

Dex-chan lover
Ghost stuff aside it'd be kinda a red flag if some adult salaryman was willing to respond to a schoolgirl's crush tho i suppose with some age gap rom coms it's not a huge deal depending

i wonder where the kid is getting all the stories from tho, i'm surprised he doesn't quick-tells a like 5 stories that are like 2 word sentences to finish his 'ritual' or whatever lol

Dex-chan lover
1. this is quite literally the "lamest" horror story so far imo. I'm not scared at all, just super curious about what the heck was going on.

2. Most horror rituals go off quite badly if you interrupt them, so I think the one-eyed cop dude should leave the boy be.

anw, thanks for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
Are you guys actually HAVING TWO FACES because of this chapter?!

Fed-Kun's army
The story is kind of like a beginning of a longer one, where heroine suddenly develops a power to recognize two-faced people by seeing them literally having two faces, and later other powers get added on so she can save the world.

Dex-chan lover
1. this is quite literally the "lamest" horror story so far imo. I'm not scared at all, just super curious about what the heck was going on.

2. Most horror rituals go off quite badly if you interrupt them, so I think the one-eyed cop dude should leave the boy be.

anw, thanks for the chapter!
For me, less than a handful were scary/creepy. But I’d reckon it would be quite hard to write a solid, independent horror story each chapter. I’ve enjoyed most of them though. The main draw is the main character and his plot in my opinion

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure that this chapter started with the idea of a horror story about two-faced people to tie into it being the chapter in which the meta-plot involves Yuuma realizing that the eyepatch cop is probably bullshitting him.

On its own, the ending with the friend was kind of out of left field, but I feel like it might have been inserted at the last minute after the author realized that without a sudden plot twist this horror story amounts to "I tried to ask a salaryman ettin out on a date, but he politely rejected me."

Though the one thing that totally ruins the ending for me is that there are two panels on page 14 that show the back of the main character's head. If we never saw the back of her head after she disembarked the train there would at least be the lingering suspicion that riding the train had also made her sprout a second face.

Double-page supporter
Yuuma’s not sure if the detective is someone he can trust. How can he trust someone he‘s just met, but it’s clear he could save Hina If he gave him that trust. Did ”we” communicate with Yuuma? because he was quick to reassure us that he’s going to complete the ritual.

His room is in shambles like his thoughts. Books askew, bed unmade, poster falling, hat crumpled, lamp fallen over.

With this detective in the mix, I’m not sure what will happen next.

Thanks for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread