The Hundred Ghost Stories That Led to My Death - Ch. 78 - Daughter Pig

Dex-chan lover
Could've stopped there with the mother's realization and it'd have made a better story.
I mean, her just killing a 'normal' pig would be fairly reasonable to try to get their husband to snap out of the illusion (if a bit tedious/not something the average person does unless they're used to butchering animals too) , if not send him off to get therapy or so (tho i wonder if there's some kinda darker implication that she wouldn't have eventually hurt the daughter at some point instead of trying to get the pig away/onto some farm)

Double-page supporter
My interpretation is that seeing her daughter returning in such a hideous way was tainting her memories of her, and the mother couldn't accept that. Her memories of her daughter were more important than her daughter herself. The mother couldn't accept that her reality had become so ugly, and would rather her daughter never came back if it had to be like this.

Double-page supporter
So 2 questions:
-How did that girl that JUST died become a fully grown pig. Not like a baby pig.
-How was that mom so good at properly butchering that pig?
Lol, I thought the same things. Maybe she got like isekai'd into a pig, I dunno.
Pig butchering is hard. It's not something you could do in one afternoon. It could take weeks, months, or even years. But it's worth it for the crypto.

Supporter
lol that poor pig, or is it some kinda metaphor about the mom secretly actually being the cause/killed the daughter the first time around too

I think it can go 2 ways.

1. The mom caused the daughter's death in the first place. She killed the pig to prevent her crime from being revealed.

2. The mom doesn't want to sully the daughter's memory as a pig. She wants to remember her as that sweet girl and she could not deal with the pig being disgusting.

ALTERNATIVELY

The pig girl is actually at school, but loved eating pork. So the mom went all out making a meal out of some-other pig. Pigs have been known to eat other pigs. Idk if this makes it better or worse.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I should point out how inaccurately this chapter portrays pig behavior: pigs are actually rather fastidious animals who do not roll around in their own fecal matter. They wallow in mud in order to regulate their body temperature because they have no sweat glands; if a pig is rolling around in their excretions they're either very sick, under extreme duress, or in an impossibly small pen that gives them no room to separate their living area from their waste.

The most obvious conclusion to draw from this is that the author didn't know this about pigs. However, I would like to offer for your consideration an alternative theory: I posit that shitting in her bed and then flopping about in it is just something that Anna liked to do even when she was human.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I posit that shitting in her bed and then flopping about it in it is just something that Anna liked to do even when she was human.
I did think that too, but there's just not enough clue on anna to really tell. Author left it as a possibility ig

Dex-chan lover
pigs are actually rather fastidious animals who do not roll around in their own fecal matter. They wallow in mud in order to regulate their body temperature because they have no sweat glands; if a pig is rolling around in their excretions they're either very sick, under extreme duress
Or maybe the pig is actually Anna and was telling the mother to kill her? It would explain the duress part. Imagine being reborn as a pig

Dex-chan lover
lol that poor pig, or is it some kinda metaphor about the mom secretly actually being the cause/killed the daughter the first time around too
Someone on the Reddit thread cracked it (at least I think so). The child being a pig symbolize her being afflicted with some kind of condition that caused her to be unable to take care of herself (something like being paralyzed or in a coma) or maybe even something less serious such as some kind of mental retardation. She does stuff like spilling food from the plate and shitting herself in her bed. The mum unable to process this made her think the daughter is dead. However Anna isn't dead evidenced by her still being able to draw, being able to open the door and even recognizing her in their first meeting. Also the last page shows her asking the husband to look for her at school. Why would a pig be at school? In the end, she killed Anna because she's unable to accept the fact that the Anna she know is gone. It'll also supports @3141592653589 comment. It's not an actual pig. It's really Anna but only the mum saw her as a pig.

Really good story if you asked me
It also mirror Yuuma situation. He's unable to accept the fact that Kido is dead

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What the kid missed however is a news item of a husband convicted of murdering his wife for "killing his daughter and forcing him to eat his own daughter"

Users who are viewing this thread