The Hundred Ghost Stories That Led to My Death - Ch. 82 - Ghost Pipes (Monotropastrum Humile)

Contributor
I'm sorry new Hina, you're not very good at this /j

Okay but semi seriously, in general I'm not too fond of the "ghost stories" where it's just someone acting on a simple curiosity. I get that it's a "curiosity killed the cat" type of theme, but it just feels kind of dull

Dex-chan lover
Definitely, when I was reading the story, it felt like it was contrary to all the other stories Hina would tell (she usually tells sad/bittersweet stories). Of course, after the story ended, yep it was the possessed Hina.

Also damn that Exorcist head turn. I wonder how the MC will deal with this.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder, where does MC get these stories from if they're not making it up from the top of his head (bc if he was still actively suicidal he could easily just do one sentence short stories a hundred times without the 'audience), but I wonder if "hina" is going to try to posses him too or eventually kill him

I vaguely remember one of my classmates sucking nectar out of flowers too but a smaller kind altho i would not rly risk that kinda thing if only for the bugs lol

Dex-chan lover
Monotropastrum humile's a non-photosynthetic plant that feeds on subsurface fungus for nutrients. The fungal webs it relies on only exist in old growth forests, and as those are regularly being clear-cut its habitat is increasingly threatened.

So what we have in this story is a heroic protagonist attempting to stave off the extinction of an endangered species by protecting it from its natural predators (just look at Yota, that greedy li'l blighter, shoving handfuls of rare flowers into his gaping craw) while also expanding its ever-shrinking habitat.

See, all you worrywarts? Everything's fine. It's just a bittersweet story. Classic Hina.

Dex-chan lover
aLwrlGjJ_700w_0.jpg

Dex-chan lover
She did the owl head thing what direction is this story going

Double-page supporter
The most chill story. Was hopping they would make a desert with the nectar or smth

Dex-chan lover
I wonder, where does MC get these stories from if they're not making it up from the top of his head (bc if he was still actively suicidal he could easily just do one sentence short stories a hundred times without the 'audience), but I wonder if "hina" is going to try to posses him too or eventually kill him

I vaguely remember one of my classmates sucking nectar out of flowers too but a smaller kind altho i would not rly risk that kinda thing if only for the bugs lol
Most kids have tried honeysuckle flowers at least once. They’re great

Users who are viewing this thread