The Hundred Ghost Stories That Led to My Death - Vol. 8 Ch. 79 - Pinky Promise

Aggregator gang
This ending doesn't seem conclusive. It's not guaranteed that Reijima will be able to overpower Ichijou and get his revenge. Ichijou could simply run away, it would be hard for Reijima to chase him without shoes. Ichijou could also fight back, there's a folding chair next to him that could be used as a weapon.

Dex-chan lover
This ending doesn't seem conclusive. It's not guaranteed that Reijima will be able to overpower Ichijou and get his revenge. Ichijou could simply run away, it would be hard for Reijima to chase him without shoes. Ichijou could also fight back, there's a folding chair next to him that could be used as a weapon.
this actually has a point. Consider the alien dude has bandage all over his body, it would restrict his movement. And after the 1000 punches, I don't think his arms are good to move around anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Hina-chan please, whatever you're thinking of doing. Don't.

Dex-chan lover
It is implied that Reijima isn't exactly human anymore or the story operated in slasher movie logic where the killer becomes superhuman.

Double-page supporter
Having just binged this, I've been fairly convinced since around chapter 30 that we're some kind of framed picture of the deceased(His OG mom?), like you would have on a small shrine. We've been picked up, rotated, polished, and a fly has landed on us. We've also been pretty clearly hung on a wall but also stood upright on the ground.

However, I dont think that whatever he's actually summoning here is what he WANTS to summon. Feel like that is fairly obvious
I have the same theory, that “we” are a framed picture. Check chapter 1. There’s an outline of a what I think is a picture frame when the words “Hey, get this…” are shown, as if Yuuma is talking to a framed picture of a someone. Right after he explains the 100 ghost stories, he asks what happens to people after they die. I think the one pictured is someone who died, and is key to Yuuma’s goal in all of this, not Yuuma’s death or anyone else’s demise.

Unrelated, it just occurred to me with this chapter, that the title of the manga could end up being meant for Hina, that she ends all of this.

Scanlators, thanks for the chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread