The Impregnable Demon King's Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero's Party - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.4

Double-page supporter
This twist with the live streaming is really innovative, especially with the fact of live streaming becoming a really big industry today. I enjoy underdog stories where the MC is undermined.

Double-page supporter
So i take it this is one of those stories where the guy people think did nothing was the one that let the rest of the party reach the top rankings. If thats the case then i really look forward to more of this honestly. I like the whole concept of the guy deemed trash being essential as the rest of the group fails without him.

Dex-chan lover
....ok that world has got shittiest community ever on game-like worlds...
they didn't even know how important debuffs is?
what more makes me facepalming, even the commentators who usually should know those basic didn't know about that...

they should comments about tetris game instead....

Dex-chan lover
debuffers are like top necessity next to healers doe, a good debuff can create time for the healers to do their things, also its kinda dangerous to fight without a debuffer after using one for some time, coz u get used to the stunned, paralized, etc enemies, so when u replace the debuffer with another dps u fuck up the timing of ur attacks and the whole flow of the battle

Dex-chan lover
@Nematoda

It's not that they think he's not doing anything, it's that they don't actually know how effective the things he's doing are.
If they were to actually do the exact same thing with and without him, on screen at the same time or right after eachother, they would probably be able to tell, but they don't, and they don't have any reference to how helpful he actually is, so they think he's not helpful.

Dex-chan lover
If you've ever played a MOBA, having a CC support is one of the most essential roles. Which is what this black mage seems to do: slows, debuffs, silencing, blinding and even DoT.
CC can turn a 5v5 into a winning 5v3 for example by just silencing two enemies.

Also having someone CC an enemy team is fucking hype for viewers, if anything this should be the other way around, white mages being less appealing than black mages.

Dex-chan lover
@Robbini uhm... It clearly on the chapter that they think he's not doing anything...
heck even their party members don't know that he's helping them....
It seems They didn't even knew how black magic works, all they knew black magic is 'not flashy' and useful for party members unlike white magic that bring buffs to party members...
Well for black magic to get known, like you said, they need to experience it firsthand when they got black mage on their party and when they don't...

CC's are just as important as Healers, like these two are the most important of a team, that single armor debuff can turn the tides of a battle this is the most idiotic viewers/commentators/team mate

Dex-chan lover
Players that implement dots, debuffs, and damage reduction play a useful role within a party. I don’t see how the commenters within the live stream don’t appreciate it.

Dex-chan lover
@Nematoda

They know he's likely doing something, but they have no idea whether it affects the enemies by 1% , 5%, 25% , 50% or 80 % etc.
Given that they don't actually see him doing anything, and having no previous references to go by, both by them not having done that particular area before without him and that dark mages as a whole are pretty unknown, they mistakenly believe it's on the extreme lower end of that spectrum, ie. 1-10% at most, whereas we as knowledgeable witnesses believe it to be way higher on the spectrum

Supporter
Basically this is another ignorant world...
Even the commentators are trash-tier I totally agree with @Nematoda that they should be commenting about Tetris instead!
I agree with @Abuhajaar that infact it would make more sense for white mages to be shunned rather than black ones. Cause if you think about it, when a monster is just about to attack and you cast a debuff on it so it moves in slow motion or gets paralysed that would be quite OP and cool at the same time.
In fact even poison or something would be cool, cause you would see monsters rushing towards the party and they suddenly slow down and drop like dead files one by one...
Anyways, let's see what happens next!
Thanks for translating the chapter in 5 parts!

Dex-chan lover
What's that I hear? It's the sound of the old "the party realizes he was the linchpin keeping them victoriousall along after booting him out" trope!

On some game not much people know it has CC skill and i am a less person who up CC skill than no one know bec it just small Icon on monster detail.

lol, I it would be more plausible the other way around. In all my years of gaming. Healers are great for a party of inexperienced players or non-try hards. But debuffs and CC/debuffs are god for experienced players. Seriously, I've had games where my party would kick out defensive healers (a lot of heals but no or limited debuffs) to get a offensive healer (less heals more debuffs). And since the MC's team are try hard it makes every sense that they have a black mage.

Even in my current game there is only one dedicated healer character and multiple debuffers. In fact the character that is crowned sole queen of SSS tier is a defense breaker.

The commentators are just so stupid.

@Stormdragon That's so true. In League of Legends, it's like Soraka and Morgana. A good Morgana will screw the enemy team and solo carry with cc, but Soraka is a lot more brainless and has more counterplay. But then again, no one really expects the support to carry so sometimes a brainless healer is more appreciated.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, it kind of makes sense why entertainment-wise a black mage would be more suited to fighting heroes than monsters. Monsters are relatively low-intelligence species that don't seem to know human language. If you make a dumb goblin dumber or blind or something, everyone else just sees a dumb goblin being a dumb goblin, and so it seems like a black mage is doing nothing. But versus intelligent foes, say heroes, if you make them blind they'll call out they cannot see, and if you poison them they'll cry in agony as poison burns their veins. From a business perspective, black mages should really be concentrated on the "evil" side. Whether this would make them popular or unpopular (like heels in wrestling) would depend how commodified this form of entertainment is amongst both monsters and humans.

Users who are viewing this thread