The Impregnable Demon King's Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero's Party - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Bella, the "Hero of Ice"

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I'm getting a hard time on the technology level of this world, they have TVs, but what modern things do they also have. I think the TVs are powered by magic crystals or something magical. But do they also have factories and the such.
And damn if even a spectator can know the importance of a party member, how does the party itself not know, how incompetent are they that they don't realize something someone who wasn't even on the inside of the party's workings, damn.

in any game, supporter always underestimated by all player
supporter player can relate

The manga didn't explained the prejudgement against black magic well, and it's really confusing now, even Remme realized as a kid that his future as a explorer is going to be rough, since their jobs are pretty much determined by the providence.
The demon castle is the only place where they can fight against demons "legally".

@Xandran

They are aware of what Black Mages do, and they are aware that he is doing something. They just assume that he isn't carrying his weight for multiple reasons (i.e. abilities aren't always visible/not scoring them flashiness points/black mages are already looked down on.)

Him referring to "hiding" Rem's power is essentially just the extent of that power, and not the abilities themselves.

Dex-chan lover
@Kynnath agreed. Especially those MMORPG stories wherein the MC has a "Mysterious never seen before power" bitch please in any game if someone see's it once, let alone post it in forums- you are either getting countered or everyone is gonna mimic your build with in the day. Maple defense bs shield w/e was a giant offender and fucking hell how did that get an anime.

But I guess for these- we do have to turn off our brains a lot. Same for how an mma fighter wouldnt enjoy most martial arts mangas for having the "strongest fighters" make newbie mistakes/moves in the ring

Dex-chan lover
good luck with winning when the same black mage is on your enemy's side

Dex-chan lover
I swear it's so rare for the hero character to be a decent dude to the mc in these ditched by party type stories, most of the time they tend to be either spineless or straight up malicious so seeing him stand up for mc even tho mc isn't there is refreshing

Dex-chan lover
@Oculunus
The fact that she's a girl, cute, and have a likeable personality mean that she's going to be part of the Remme's harem in the future.

I think she used to be one of his fan or people that recognise the role of support or whatever

@Air203776 I'm still sus of this hero. I'm sure he knows how strong the mc is, but he currently thinks the mc has to hide his power. So right now the hero is caring for his harmless friend. Once the mc doesn't have to hide his powers he becomes a real threat to becoming number 1. I'm thinking the hero won't take to kindly to being shoved out of the spotlight.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, the hero character defending MC even when he isn't present while sweet, feels kind of hollow. He didn't really do much when it truly mattered and unlike then he stands nothing to lose by doing it now. I won't be surprised if the rift between him and MC will widen the moment he realises that they are fighting for the opposite sides now, when he actually has something on the line.
Bella pointing out that everyone except her and the overpowered "Hero" lost ability to pull their own weight the moment they booted MC instantly makes her the most inteligent member of the group. Though the bar for that is pretty low.

Fed-Kun's army
@HallOfGlory I know that feel. Every other isekai has made me sus of heroes but nah this dude really is best friends with MC. They’re more like friendly but competitive rivals in the future

The writing for this novel is a bit different. Don't read too much into things - they are what they are. In the end it's about MC getting along with those who appreciates him.

Users who are viewing this thread