The Infinite Mage - Vol. 1 Ch. 63

Dex-chan lover
"I'm no longer breaking the rules" he says, while breaking the rules of physics :huh:
I guess what he did was become something akin of a higgs boson, granting mass to massless things. We know it's possible to create energy from mass, so here what he did was create mass from energy

Still weird though

Dex-chan lover
Well actually, I just researched, and while not having a true mass, a high energy photon can act like having mass, "If by mass you mean the inertial mass (the m in the momentum-velocity relation p=mv) a photon can gain some by falling in a gravitational field"

So while not possible for a photon to have mass, the author probably got this information to do this beam attack

Dex-chan lover
Well actually, I just researched, and while not having a true mass, a high energy photon can act like having mass, "If by mass you mean the inertial mass (the m in the momentum-velocity relation p=mv) a photon can gain some by falling in a gravitational field"

So while not possible for a photon to have mass, the author probably got this information to do this beam attack
I can't remember the exact details exactly but as I sort of remember it it's that while a photon doesn't technically have any measurable mass, a consentrated "beam" of photons can exert force (just like an object of mass) upon mass, which would indicate (like the dual slit experiment shows photons behaving both like a wave and a mass, but afaik it's not scientifically proven) that photons might have mass but in such a miniscule number that it's practically as close to zero you can get without actually reaching zero.

Dex-chan lover
I can't remember the exact details exactly but as I sort of remember it it's that while a photon doesn't technically have any measurable mass, a consentrated "beam" of photons can exert force (just like an object of mass) upon mass, which would indicate (like the dual slit experiment shows photons behaving both like a wave and a mass, but afaik it's not scientifically proven) that photons might have mass but in such a miniscule number that it's practically as close to zero you can get without actually reaching zero.
Yeah, and I learned it's used in rocket fabrication to open a very thin plastic like material, that any other type of force would tear a hole

Sometimes people talk about the relativistic mass, which is confusing since it really isn't mass
Anyway, photos have momentum, the ability to exert force by slamming into objects.
Don't try to hard to merge real world physics with what's going on here, this series is fantasy and the rules of physics bend to the whims of the author.

Users who are viewing this thread