THE ISEKAI DOCTOR Any sufficiently advanced medical science is indistinguishable from magic. - Vol. 5 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
It looks like, instead of an ass, she got an extra pair of legs per cheek.
iu

Dex-chan lover
Anticipating this arc being that this guy somehow leaks details about holy water to Amami, and he recreates it / makes the formula/manufacturing method widespread.

Gonna assume that holy water's just isopropyl alcohol or something.

edit: Also, gotta say I'm surprised that of all ways to teach about bacteria, it was through a swan neck flask, usually it seems like series like this have the craftsman guy create lenses so they can show the actual bacteria through a basic microscope.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn. We got a pervert sniffer here.

What a world. God gave them healing magic to survive, but they in turn abused it. Maybe there's part of fearing that it would be copied from them and they would return to being helpless against the races who are superior in strength.

The art is still gorgeous. Thanks for the translation!

Fed-Kun's army
The logic of the temple and the bullshit about healing magic is garbage :
"They use another power they need to die because I'm very villain person look my face is scary!":facepalm:

The story is too Manichean, it's boring.
The author is using inspiration from the spanish inquisition or the religion in europe and it's not well used.
Even in propaganda you don't have this level of Manichean!

Yes the art is kinda pretty but it's possible to find stories with good art and good plot...:bleh:
Welp, that's how I been seeing the European during Crusade and Inquisition Era and pretty much why I kept comparing those people with modern day overzealous terrorist group (which doesn't look lot different.) Can't really help it since they don't really look ..... right... in my eyes.

(I'm a SEA, anyway)

Dex-chan lover
"They use another power they need to die because I'm very villain person look my face is scary!":facepalm:

The author is using inspiration from the spanish inquisition or the religion in europe and it's not well used.

Yes the art is kinda pretty but it's possible to find stories with good art and good plot...:bleh:
Well, at least it's realistic. Very realistic. There are actually people that act like that.

Dex-chan lover
I like the simple weirdness of the spider girl. Y'know what was also weird? That appendix! Bodies are weird!!! It's nice that this manga is exploring the premise of "bodies are already weird, let's make some weird fantasy bodies".

Dex-chan lover
I like how the first half ended with me going 'wow this guy really be going THE GREAT EVIL over this, how bad can this church get?' and the second half, well THAT BAD, huh.

"From Far Away," Is a wonderful manichean type story. Highly recommended.

If it's the one I'm thinking of (Girl got isekai'd due to a bomb and actually had to learn the language from the guy who picked her up and who she had a destiny with) then it's nice to see a fellow enjoyer of it. It really is a great read.

Supporter
I think it's pretty rational.

In this universe, humans are literally god's chosen people. Before they got the gift, they were utterly owned by everyone to the point where the god of this world gave them a freebie, then they had to luck into a massive plague to surpass the other races.

Of course, the human nation misuse it and their god decides to level the playing field (not by giving every race healing magic; by giving knowledge of medicine through the main character).

Consider all of the other races shown thus far. You have ancient dragons that could annihilate armies. Dwarven crafts demolish anything a human could make. Academics? Try a race that lives for hundreds of years. Textiles? A single spider girl can weave out clothing better.

Healing magic is the only thing the human nation has. You can see how much they feel their worth is in chapter 5. The fact that they can't heal the big dragon lady doesn't fill them with the attitude of "unfortunately, there is nothing we can do" or "oh well, she was only a dragon and not a human." They immediately shit their pants, think that the dragons will wage a war over it, and they will be executed.

And it's not like all humans are ha-ha evil. It's shown that some are misguided and some do not agree with the philosophy of the human nation.
Finally, someone who paid attention to the story.

Dex-chan lover

Your definition of garbage is... interesting. And a very interesting opinion as well. Also using "manichean" to describe the plot is pretty of saying "good vs evil" when we clearly have grays between them. Especially with how we see the false religious head going directly against the actual religious head, who would also be directly opposed to the mc. That's pretty grey area that goes against the simple good vs evil.

Especially in your arguments with the logic of the temple ignoring an even simpler dynamic of power and control. The church holds a key service unique to humans that can apply to the greater number of races, but since humans have that original power, they are giving pennies on the dimes in order to maintain their own security and power, and thus leads to the detriments of the many in favor of the few.

Almost like it happens in real life with resources.

Dex-chan lover
The bad guys here is basically just real life catholics in the medieval age but now they actually have healing magic.

Dex-chan lover

I won't repeat it since it seem like there're more than enough people that have spelt that out to you already, and like they said, this aint Manichean, you might have downplayed the story more than you think, so maybe you haven't noticed or you can't see the whole picture yet, I suggest you reread the story again.

And the art isn't just KINDA pretty, it's GORGEOUS! Give me an ISEKAI manga tittle that has this level of art with a good story(or stories like you said) from the same year this manga is published or I stand corrected :pout:

Dex-chan lover
Author better do so the cunt choking the little girl dies a horrible painful way next chapter

Dex-chan lover
Hunkie rogue healer probably gonna be an assistant (help with closing surface wounds , post OP healing) and help creating antibiotics in the future when even the demi human country gonna take in human refugees who got trashed on by fellow humans then go into a direct conflict with the church.
This isnt really entirely “human bad” isekai , just a group of people abusing their monopoly of power to abuse others.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Some harsh words about the spider girl in these comments, while I'm here like:

IA8OZ0M.png
Arachnes are great but my problem is consistency and anatomically feasibility. Why do only the "front pair of legs" get shoes and socks? Where is her thorax? How can she have such skinny thighs when the joints are clustered so close together?

The answer to all is shear laziness. The artist just drew a loli with extensions. Arachnes deserve better.

Users who are viewing this thread