THE ISEKAI DOCTOR Any sufficiently advanced medical science is indistinguishable from magic. - Vol. 5 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
"Good guy" for the human

Technically we haven't seen him outside of the church until this incident, so we don't know if he's really racist or just pretending to be racist to hide his claws from the church.

Per aspera ad astra is a Latin phrase for through hardships to the stars... Meaning, success comes after hardships.

This makes me wonder if he's also from Earth like Amami if he's quoting the line directly.

Dex-chan lover
Technically we haven't seen him outside of the church until this incident, so we don't know if he's really racist or just pretending to be racist to hide his claws from the church.
This. So I'm hopeful he'd try to work with Amami when he finds out. (Inhales hopium) Though of course, I don't expect it to be smooth-sailing from the get-go.

Dex-chan lover
I like the inclusion of Tuskegee here. Most other "author fact boxes" have direct relation to the story content, but here it's just related by a guy saying "Scum like this should be executed", lmao.

Author won't drop Unit 731 on his audience, they're Japanese and it's one of the many darkest moments of their modern history, really puts the Tuskegee study to shame in terms of brutality. If he does, I'll have massive respect for him.
My real question is how would he even bring it up in this manga, if he did. Tuskegee at least was about the study of a specific disease that had relevance to the general population, but 731 was a lot more varied and nonspecific. Though I guess Amami could be discussing clinical trials at some point, and the importance of maintaining ethics in them, and then the author could bring up 731 as a cautionary tale.

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see it never get brought up, either.

Dex-chan lover
The guy clearly has sympathy for his fellow man, but he almost certainly doesn't share that sympathy with inhumans. That's going to put him in conflict with the MC.

I don't think he's necessarily evil, however. You have to remember that humans were horribly stepped on and abused by the other races, so much so that divine intervention occurred and gave them healing magic. The goddess straight up felt so bad for them, she buffed them. Given that they were being savagely dunked on prior to the advent of healing magic, it's pretty reasonable to expect they'd have an "us or them" mentality. And I can't fault them for that.

Dex-chan lover
This. So I'm hopeful he'd try to work with Amami when he finds out. (Inhales hopium) Though of course, I don't expect it to be smooth-sailing from the get-go.
I wouldn't huff that hopium, really. Don't forget how early on (Chapter 4), when he dispatched the priests to the elf country he straight up said "if anyone tries to analyze your healing, immediately stop treatment, humans need this advantage to survive, we can't let them have it".

You can think that he's just super deep undercover or something, but I think mainly he just wants the humans to win. After all, if he + MC were friendly right off the bat, that would kill whatever conflict this manga might have pretty quickly. I think more likely this is just setting him up to basically serve the role of the antagonist foil to the MC, where they both can do the same(ish) thing but have different beliefs on how it should be used, and the only time this guy will really be brought over to Amami's side is at the manga's conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
Good day when this updates! and I like the other perspectives

Aggregator gang
Another short-lived awesome manga I see...

Edit: My bad. I posted this comment before seeing there's a next chapter. Though, the title drop at the end of this chapter definitely got that ending vibes.

• Strike
Reactions: le3

OpN

The untranslated Japanese on the 41st page is the manga's title.

I don't understand why the translators took down the 20th chapter only to release it a month later again, while dropping the new chapter alongside it.
That's easy, because mangadex isn't their website lmao, how are they to drive traffic to their site if they upload to a 3rd party like mangadex. The usual etiquette to follow is to upload everything except for the latest chapter to mangadex, but leave the latest chapter on their website so that they can make ad revenue for their effort. Last I spoke with the translator, chapter 23 should be out today or tomorrow.

https://anigliscans.xyz/i-used-high-level-medicine-to-counter-magic-chapter-22/

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So instead of them being straight villains, they're the ignition point for a medical revolution within the human kingdom.

The problem is that MC is doing the same thing with more technical knowledge, less politics, and a LOT less racism.
I'm pretty sure that there is a division within the six stars. At least two or three of them seem villainous and unstable, but the other three/four seem functional and follow the leader guy who may or may not have knowledge beyond this world too. But the church is obviously powerful and could probably still somehow excommunicate him so he can't be overt. I suspect an eventual beneficial relationship between MC and the archbishop.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure that there is a division within the six stars. At least two or three of them seem villainous and unstable, but the other three/four seem functional and follow the leader guy who may or may not have knowledge beyond this world too. But the church is obviously powerful and could probably still somehow excommunicate him so he can't be overt. I suspect an eventual beneficial relationship between MC and the archbishop.
I'm guessing there will be a conflict, the chill six star is going to convince the archbishop to stop with the racism, and then he'll fake a crusade to defect to the MC's side.

le3

Dex-chan lover
Dayum dude have henshin sequence. He's probably one of the isekai'ed people too

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing there will be a conflict, the chill six star is going to convince the archbishop to stop with the racism, and then he'll fake a crusade to defect to the MC's side.
Isn't the chill six star the archbishop? The church structure in manga generally follows roman catholic church, meaning the pope is above him if he exists here.

Dex-chan lover
I like. So he a good guy. The art and story flow is really good.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't the chill six star the archbishop? The church structure in manga generally follows roman catholic church, meaning the pope is above him if he exists here.
I'm talking about Fia. She was cautious of the archbishop's intentions from the start, I think there's some stuff she's still keeping in the back pocket, and that might be "I don't have a hateboner for non-humans".

Dex-chan lover
I'm talking about Fia. She was cautious of the archbishop's intentions from the start, I think there's some stuff she's still keeping in the back pocket, and that might be "I don't have a hateboner for non-humans".
I know, I just don't remember the archbishop being racist. He wanted to democratize the healing magic. He might've been, I just forget

Users who are viewing this thread