The Isekai Returnee is Too OP for the Modern World - Vol. 2 Ch. 8.2

Fed-Kun's army
it was ok in the beginning because of the comedy but now its just plain edgy stuff and the bad kind of edgy

Double-page supporter
suddenly: heroin. that was some prime cringe compilation material, author is tone deaf as fuck.

Eh? Seriously? After being screwed over, insulted, and humiliated like that she still considers them family and willingly goes through with the whole sacrifice bullshit? How pathetic. Kill yourself to get back at them. It'll ruin the standing of the family and one of the girls that helped keep her down will then be "betrayed" by that girl, too, and be thrown into the sacrifice position which will destroy any trust she may have built with the rest of them. Sure, the family won't collapse, but it'll greatly weaken them and I bet that sack of shit "father" will take out his anger on the older sister. Revenge all around. But no, she's just doing what they tell her to like a good little puppy, wagging her tail as they tie her up to a tree in the middle of nowhere and drive off.

Who writes stories like these? What kind of retard u need to be? Where the fuck is their editor's head when he accepts shit like this?

Dex-chan lover
@Ultrabenosaurus you're not thinking this through very well, their family isn't built on trust, she kills herself, we lose a character, the family just sacrifices a different girl, eldest is still bringing in connections to the head family with her engagement, so no harm to her position, or the father's.

Dex-chan lover
As strange as this chapter was, I went and checked the novel version, and its surprising how much better the manga version is.

Dex-chan lover
I totally agree with @Ultrabenosaurus, but we all know that isn't what is going to happen.
Somehow the MC will detect the revival of the Ninetails and go to fight it. Upon arriving she will say "but I never asked for your help." as he naturally defeats it and makes a crass comment about how a creature that could only barely be held off by constantly sacrificing someone (which has become a major family business by the way) is less than the demon lord of the Isekai world.
He will single handedly destroy her family business and save her. She will only marginally be grateful, and naturally the girl from the Vatacan won't have helped at all...

Spoil it if I am right, or wrong, I was done with reasonable believability when his family ate sulfuric acid...

Double-page supporter
Why didn't the dumbass bitch just destroy the "family"? What a shitty ass plot for a shitty ass story, huh.

Dex-chan lover
Uh this chapter felt like a 180 degree turn from the lightheartedness. Like the story started with superficial hate from a family member and competition, but the last chapter turned it into severe hatred and manipulation. Her family is disgusting. And the random introduction of topics like hard drugs just doesn’t sit well with the theme either. I guess it’s trying to subvert tropes but it’s trying too hard.

Users who are viewing this thread