The Isekai Returnee is Too OP for the Modern World

I'm with ckkling on this. it opened with some potential, but it's trash right now. i hope it gets better; will check back in a couple months.

Supporter
It was interesting at first, but the main character is so appalling stupid that it's gets extremely aggravating.

i´m 3 months without reading it so i can see him beating the so called 'God' in one punch but there´s almost no releases till now?

Fed-Kun's army
Been 6 months with basically no plot movement. I can normally stand waiting but there has been nothing of worth yet to make the wait acceptable. Hard drop

Group Leader
In nudity not allowed for some scans or manga's? if anyone knows anything please let me know?

"Yes the weak and untalented sister cheated to bring down the better one, this is surely the genetic lineage we want" and now we know why the Abeno are too weak to defeat the fox.

Yeah it's weird right? I always assumed all of the other sisters were a huge cut above her, and only because of the levels did she gain an edge.

Dex-chan lover
@stainx: I think that's the problem. Solo Leveling is pretty well written, so when the MC shows up, it's really a badass moment. This quickly turned from some weird story about a hero adapting to his own world with his powers to some weird ecchi romcom with the story all over the place.

This is weird. It says updated, but no new chapter appears. Also the same with some other mangas. Mangadex server problem?

@KLGChaos i wouldn't really say solo leveling is particularly well written, it's not bad, but to say it is praiseworthy... I'd say its success is due to it being visually appealing with the badass mc.
Don't get me wrong, i like SL, i am following it, after all. But the story really isn't well written... It basically has only one character, and a bunch of fodders. Some nice characters were introduced along the way, but ultimately, none of them matter or is given any depth. We basically just read it to see jin-woo kick some asses. Even the mc character is scrapped to give birth to the badass mc that feels cold and indifferent. Even though jin-woo seemed like a nice and sweet guy at the start, and showed good awareness and collected judgement in crisis, all that is irrelevant and swept away as he gets stronger and can just power through whatever obstacle is put in his way.
While i do enjoy seeing badass characters kicking ass, i wouldn't call that good writing and while it does entertain me, it doesn't become a memorable story or a must read.

@Pleppie Jin-Woo has never been truly "nice and sweet". He was just kinda forced to behave timid and awkward since he was weak, his family was poor and many unfortunate thing kept befalling him. His badass self at the moment is his true self and you need true strength to behave that way. About the mc of this manga, let just say that i dont really have any hope after i saw how he dealt with his past bullies back in chap 1. And after nearly a year, with this much hate it attracted, i must say this manga doesn't disappoint me at all lol.

@sonhot well, the story started with a boy who was working hard to pay his mother's medical bills and, despite being so weak, was liked by most people around him (even though they all looked down on him).
In the end he even sacrifices himself to let the others escape. That's almost as much nice and sweet you can make a character be.

i really liked how he was able to recover from the panic and assessed the situation on the room with the big statue. That aspect is just gone, since he's just so strong he just powers through everything now. I enjoy SL as it is, but not really for story or for the characters, just for the badassery. I like seen others underestimate the mc and be dumbstruck when they see how strong he is, but i won't sit here and say it's brilliantly well written. The author knows how to make a badass character, that's for sure, but story wise and character building is rather lacking, which is why i like it, but it really isn't memorable enough for me to praise it as much as some do (i have a friend that likes SL almost religiously)
It's like shuumatsu no valkyrie, i'm enjoying it a lot, the characters, despite being interesting, are soon discarded for the next match, and the story is just a background for the death matches between gods and humans. I can't say it has particularly good writting in terms of story, character or world building, but the author really know how to make a fight interesting.

This is just completely random, makes no sense ..one after another enemy appears...
Show started out very promising then went stupid with no real plan on what to do next. Feels like the author has no idea about the plot...

Users who are viewing this thread