The Isekai Returnee is Too OP for the Modern World

Not bad, sorta all over the place. Not sure why the author seems determined to include super ecchi and sexual themes but is too chicken to show partial nudity (even with all the important bits still covered) without slapping massive and unnecessary black bars on even underneath the objects already conveniently placed to block real nudity.... some of the worst censorship I've ever seen. Literally has characters talk about getting sexually assaulted by demons to torment others but showing half a boob that's already covered up is too much? Wish he'd make up his mind if he wants this to be ecchi or not, or just whether he wants the ecchi *scenes* to be ecchi or not because there's not even that many of them...

Bleh. Mediocre reverse isekai. Does nothing original and doesn't do it particularly well.

Dex-chan lover
Not bad, sorta all over the place. Not sure why the author seems determined to include super ecchi and sexual themes but is too chicken to show partial nudity (even with all the important bits still covered) without slapping massive and unnecessary black bars on even underneath the objects already conveniently placed to block real nudity.... some of the worst censorship I've ever seen. Literally has characters talk about getting sexually assaulted by demons to torment others but showing half a boob that's already covered up is too much? Wish he'd make up his mind if he wants this to be ecchi or not, or just whether he wants the ecchi scenes to be ecchi or not because there's not even that many of them...

Not sure if you understand how magazine censorship works.

Its drawn without it, the punlisher censors it.

Its an awful level of cencorship btw.

The tankoubon comes without any censorship, but its just a really scummy practice when it just affects normal scenes so badly.

Dex-chan lover
This is technically, a "hidden world" battle manga. But you put a generic Isekai MC that is ignorant of the plot around him, cause this is actually a comedy, even if the tone is a trainwreck.

The heroines are shitty people with severe issues and more bad traits that good traits, their character is pushed to the extreme, and it works.

Morishita is really just trying to get by his own life. Abeno and Lela getting in the way. He will really only be 'the hero' when pushed to do so. And he can be an asshole too.

The plot lacks direction, but comedy is pretty nice, and romance is actually going somewhere.

This is treated way harsher than what it deserves.

I came back to this manga after 3 years to give it another go, and it is honestly not as bad as I remembered. It takes risks in its plot, and some don't land, but to give credit where credit is due there are interesting threads and storylines visible here.

The romance I'm not too fond of, but since the characters take the standard personalities seen in a love triangle (dense, yandere, tsundere) and dial them up to 11, it's good in a meta way.

also the buff blonde lady is hot

Dex-chan lover
All of these characters are insane individuals and I honestly can't tell if that's intentional.

The publishing pace with all this long arc cliffhanger is so fukking bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread