The Kind Older Sister Is No More (Promo) - Oneshot

Fed-Kun's army
wtf. just leave the window open every time your sister goes to sleep and let nature take its course (is she even sickly???)

thanks for your translation!!!

I can feel her sorrow, that’s how good the art and translations are

Double-page supporter
New and fresh art style
Half of an old and overused plot condensed into one chapter, yet no more story needs to be told because we can predict the rest.
Highly irregular sircumstances, 10/10

OK, but who tf picks that time to tell their mom "thank you for bringing me into the world" as someone faints?? That was definitely NOT the time. And any kid in that situation would prob be scared someone fainted and ppl around are freaking out, not doing what MC did. Even if sis was faking it, she was about to blow out her birthday candles.... so still not a good time. Like I get it, they're trying to show that MC gets neglected and the parents focus all their attention on the sister. But this was just a really bad example to show it... maybe its lacking important context, but its like that scene is doing the opposite of what it should.
The other scenes were good though.

Yeah, I agree with QueenKum (lol).
It just didn’t hit me as hard as it could’ve bc of when she chose to thank her mom for bringing her into the world. This seems interesting and cute, but how they executed that one scene was kinda disappointing. Setting that aside, I do want more~~

Group Leader
@queenkumquat I totally see where you are coming from but she was a child and judging from the scene before there was a birthday cake present. So maybe the Older sister who was always so prim and proper thought it'd be appropriate to thank her parents for bringing her into the world. Although I wouldn't want to thank such negligent mother.

this looks like it'd be interesting.
hopefully someone does pick up the novel

From my understanding the MC is basically seen as her Lil sister's caretaker.

I hope someone picks up the novel, it sound pretty good.

@AiNoKime
TLDR; It'd be a safer bet to say that since she's a child, the neglect made her very insecure and in need of validation. But it still stands, that this was not the right time to try and gain that. Normally a child would pick up on that. So, not so much that she's proper, but that she's insecure.

I did think about that angle. I said any other kid would probably be scared or worried in that situation with all the adults yelling, and a person (the beloved sibling) is unresponsive. Kids aren't dumb. They can pick up on that kind of mood, especially with how the speech bubbles showed how loud they must have been yelling. Kids may not understand exactly whats going on, but they can tell when something is going wrong. And I doubt they ever yell at the little sister, so MC had to know something was wrong. I feel if she were prim and proper, she would have better manners than to do that. The only child that'd do something like that is an oblivious child (or, most likely, it was insecurity). Her being proper would explain why she would even think to thank those awful parents in the first place. But on the other hand, if she were proper she wouldn't have chosen such an inappropriate moment to express her thanks like that. Something else was the motive.

Group Leader
@queenkumquat I can't say for sure looking at the flashbacks as they were very cutoff and abruptly shifting scenes. So to me it looked like she wanted attention from the mother and never got any. I don't think she would have chosen the moment her sister is heaving and everyone is panicking to seek attention.
Maybe you are right and she did pick that exact moment to get validation, that would raise alarm for her mental capacity or psychological trauma which lead her to be so misinformed of social ques.
and i wouldn't give children so much credit lol they are dumb and cruel.

Woa the little sister is a pure b*tchhhh! I hope she'll get a bad ending, and suffer for an eternity. The MC didn't anything bad toward her, so why hurt her like that?
I like the ML so far (even if it was short lol), he do have a common past like our MC and seems to be the mature and gentle type.
I love the art btw! This black and white oneshot, make the story more interesting!

@QueenKumQuat

I wonder if it was the older sister’s birthday? And their parents were just coddling the younger sister and celebrating the day as hers because she was feeling sickly.

If that’s the case I can picture a child setting themselves on saying those words to the point where they’re viewed as a magic spell that’ll heal her little sis and get her parents to look at her. “If you’re a good, grateful child you’ll live a good life”-kind of feeling

@strangerquefuir
OOF!!! Now theres a twist!! If it was MC's bday and she was the one who should've been the focus and center of attention in the first place. But coddled lil sis fake faints as she sees MC walk in. I can totally see that happening.
Plus MC was specifically trying to express her gratitude for being born. Would make sense if it was actually HER birthday. And she was just trying to be humble and give out her thanks. BUT the sister is holding a present.... but I could also see the parents buying the sister a gift on MC's bday.... DAMN. But its still awkward because the sister already started hyperventilating, and fainted by the time MC walked over and was trying to be polite.
I haven't read the novel, but this scenario would help MC keep the image as selfless and pitiable. The kind of person who (was forced to) put others before themselves, and NOT someone who is desperately trying to steal some of the shine. This way, it'd be lil sis who is always stealing MC's shine (which the following pages did a good job of hinting towards).

It must have been an important scene in the novel for them to want to include it into the promo, but even a LITTLE more context would prob make a world of difference. Because the way it unfolded here in the promo is looking pretty questionable.

@QueenKumQuat

Ooh true it makes hella sense to be grateful for being born on your birthday and not just in the hopes of being noticed. As for the present, she could’ve picked up MC’s but I also think it’s normal to celebrate kids’ birthdays altogether, especially if they’re young and/or sickly (the former because younger ones might throw tantrums at not getting anything; the latter because if she’s really that sick any celebration can be an excuse to cheer her on and keep her motivated to fight for her life).

But yeah, without more detail we really don’t know. Ahhhhh I need to hurry up and learn Korean!

The art definitely IS Lovely and I love the idea of two misfits finding love and acceptance with one another.

Users who are viewing this thread