The King of Fantasy

I have no idea how to mention somebody in the comments so I'm just going to post it here. I don't really know and I don't really care. Doesn't make him less or more sufferable. He just kind of seems like a prick and I don't want to deal with it anymore. So I'm dropping this, that's all there is to it.

Z2

I showed this manga to like five people; because the idea of an established fighting game character getting isekaid with no cheat powers except his own sounded like an interesting twist.

One of them didn't think it'd fix the genre.
Two of them dropped when they found out it was King of Fighters.
One of them just said 'oh it isn't Terry' and left.
The last read the actual main character and said 'ugh, that guy'

None of them read it.

I think they might have wasted a license and a really cool premise.

Kind of silly to think that people read this manga without ever having played a SNK game.

I find it funny reading comments from people who have no idea who Iori is or what KOF is, but it's kinda sad.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with getting a licence to use an established character in your manga is your entire premise is based on a reference. If someone hasn't played the game, then they wont get the reference, cool niche idea but it doesn't work as well for people who dont like or haven't played the game.

Me, im those people.

Might be a good idea to use a more recognizable character for your premise but it seems like this is more someomes passion project rather than an actual attempt at a popular series

Dex-chan lover
I'm re-reading this, still not knowing or caring to know what the heck KOF is. It's still as enjoyable tho

Group Leader
Man, this really brings me back to the nostalgic 90s. I never thought I'd see the day a series like this would get onto the isekai gravy train, but I'm into it.

Fed-Kun's army
At first I thought it was funny and interesting but a few chapters in and it was just boring.

@TonyLin2434694917 he is, he's just kind of an ass in the earlier games. Probably we will discover there's something more about the demon slayer thing since both him and Iori fit the role, like someone manouvering everything behind the scenes (the plot is kinda predictable but enjoyable nonetheless, esp for all the little nods to the canon and all this in depth into Iori's character)

Dex-chan lover
Yeah Kyo is acting like KOF comic Kyo. Iori on the other hand is tame compared to comic Iori. Burned Kyo's home and pulled out Saisyu's hand nerves. He's also shown to slaughter people in each Saga.

@DopplerK6 Iori is actually very quiet and pacific outside the tournaments (and he canonically kinda stopped wanting to kill Kyo, he just still dislikes him), we just never had the chance to see it until all these spin off manga and games. They're both pretty different since their early canon appearances.
Also wtf what comic are you referencing to? Is one of the manwhas? Those aren't canon.

Dex-chan lover
@ManaSputachu Oh damn, didn't know that lol. Read the manhwa wayy back before internet really kicked off.
But yeah Iori recently at most only has deep rivalry with Kyo.

Wasn't a hardcore fan or anything, but I loved the games for how cool and epic their Specials/Ex moves were compared to other fighting games.

Users who are viewing this thread