The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 12

Aw, it seems like everyone is dead. I wanted her to show up and be like "Ha bitches, you thought you could get rid of me? No".
Thanks for the chapter!

Aggregator gang
Are you fucking serious? Wow I was at one point for this MC but what a way to spit on the grave of guy that raised you and at least treated you decently and to dick him over COMPLETELY. Your telling me she now found out pretty much that gramps died via having the army she worked kill him which meant she backstabbed the gramps who raised her right, says nothing about how he died and literally did not at least ask to spare him or anything, and furthermore just says pretty much " Oh gee your dead guess I will come back later after FOLLOW ME DREEEEEAAAAAMS ". Are you fooking serious mate? ARE YE FOKING SRS? Hell what is worse that she finds out from some random lady that her gramps died and there was no talk about how she dicked him over or how she felt about it. The author knows how to screw over a good war arc for character and apparently applied for the school of time skip shit to tell story.

I love this protagonist. Subverting every expectation that a woman is from story perspective. The skill and the brains to take care of herself in one package. She's no damsel in distress. She was hard boiled on the battlefield, a soldier fighting for some values she harbors. This is the freshest thing in some time now. Can you guys feel the potential from this story?

Supporter
@Arkos I'm not trying to demean or disregard your opinion, but personally I think this chapter really shows Paulina's resolve. That's why she didn't apologize or cried or made any excuses for her actions. From her expression and dialogue, you can tell she knows she was the one who killed him, also she pretty much made up her mind about the whole thing and would keep to her resolve. And don't forget grampa was the one who told her to "stay alive no matter what".

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Arkos

If what you said is true, she wouldn't bother visiting his grave at all. The fact that the rest of Ehas is a complete d1ck of a country probably helped with her decision for betrayal.

Ask the king to spare him? It's war and she literally just defected.

Dex-chan lover
@Arkos
The old guy didn't like the war anyway. He legit called the entire country out for sending a 10 year old girl to the brackets ?? Honestly, she wants to help form a single country without anymore war? That's her dream?? And you're saying, " she showed not respect to the guy who raised her cause she now has a dream!" Her respect to him is to achieve peace?!?!?
Many thanks

Dex-chan lover
I love how Paul went to see the old man, when she said she wanted to see her family.

Also, Paul giving the little tyke a birdie casually just made me laugh.

@Yatsuki
I absolutely agree with you. I personally think the old man wouldn't even hold it against her because he out of everyone knew how awful her family was and how little love she held for her country that treated her like trash. He even told her to run when she knew she would lose on the battlefield and to be wary of their own soldiers of possibly raping her. If anything, I think he'd forgive her and feel relief that she's finally found some sort of goal to work forward to when before he'd warned her that working hard aimlessly would destroy a person. For him, he knows firsthand how selfish nobility can be and how stupid commanders could be too. So yes, survival is pretty much what he would prioritize first.

Aggregator gang
@Nep @unime Yes it is war she defected and apparently her "GENIUS" plan that is never explained by the way that is allowed and succeeds without no complications and is time skipped means she has some level of authority, hell she is personally knighted by the king in front of everyone. Hell just because the country she defected from doesn't mean you forget about the only person who helped take care of you and I don't think it is much to ask for small favor such as sparing family. It pisses me off since this entire war arc was just time skipped and swept under the rug.

@Yatsuki yes I like the resolve in the character but how this whole arc was handled is just reeks of Mary sue stupidity and honestly a disregard for potential character building. Her genius level plan is never explained and even though she defects she could of at least asked to spare the guy considering her status. This is made worse when you throw in that this entire war arc with 2 countries was time skipped and resolved in what 2-3 pages? Again horrible when you are considering she is supposedly really good in combat and strategy but when given examples she Mary sue fends off an entire army encampment for 3 hours which is dumb and ridiculous plus again genius level plan to take out 2 countries was never explained and time skipped so fast it is ridiculous.
This arc had so much potential but it just pisses me off with this just "OH GEE THIS HAPPENED" at the end of this. I could give this scene more if she had fought the old man personally and did the deed herself thus proving her skill in combat and resolve for her dream and I would give it more credit but he just gets shanked and buried and she is told by some random lady "HE DED". Do you get why a man would be pissed at such wasted potential and dickery?

Dex-chan lover
@Arkos Her whole bravado is because she now can't back down from what she started since her actions is the cause of her adoptive parent/master death. It's a price already paid that she don't want, cannot, and should not waste. Else she really would be spitting on the old man's grave.

But in the end, it's still just a bravado, and we all know she's hurting inside for the loss.

Aggregator gang
I can't bring myself to not dislike her now. Gramps should've just let her die the death of a dog in the war.

Dex-chan lover
It's war guys, of course she knew he would die. Why should miss out on an opportunity like this to spare an old guy who probably would not care either way. Maybe she came here as a way to make amends or something. Anyway, you go gilr!

@arkos Yeah the author probably isnt gonna do big long lasting war goals when he wants to write a cheeky romance. Her strat though from whats shown is attack them both when they wasted their yearly supplies focused on eacothers fronts, So when suddenly a new enemy comes sweeping through passes and roadways only a native would know. Probably led to a swift strike on both kingdom capitals and with the head gone the rest toppled. But thats just from the quick cuts and assumptions off previous chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread