The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 188

Taq

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing a year timeskip in the very near future followed by the final arc and/or epilogue. But that's just the vibe I'm getting.

The Emperor by saying he is going to become a tyrant is that he will increase his power to crush the power of the nobility totally so he can change the law without resistance. This is so he can marry Pauliana and allow her to keep her knight hood, territory and freedoms.

In the past IRL when emperors or kings tried to change succession law/law on noble privileges there would usually be civil wars, succession wars or uprisings if the sovereign didn't have the necessary influence to force these changes through.

Of course that's just my idea of what's going on.

Aggregator gang
4x.webp

This story has kind of been annoying since a few chapters ago. Reading this feels closer to a forced march now compared to a while ago. 🥲

Dex-chan lover
this chapter made me audibly groan

thanks for translating this stuff regardless of how it turns out

Dex-chan lover
The Emperor by saying he is going to become a tyrant is that he will increase his power to crush the power of the nobility totally so he can change the law without resistance. This is so he can marry Pauliana and allow her to keep her knight hood, territory and freedoms.

In the past IRL when emperors or kings tried to change succession law/law on noble privileges there would usually be civil wars, succession wars or uprisings if the sovereign didn't have the necessary influence to force these changes through.

Of course that's just my idea of what's going on.
Yeah I don't know what the problem is for the "flip flop" it's pretty evident that as the system is now that they cannot just go through with this and everybody be happy. Which is what they promised each other and what's most important. So that's why The Emperor is going to be a "tyrant" just to change the laws and Paul is going to take care of her side as well.

Dex-chan lover
True happiness and freedom doesn't equal a man, no matter how good he is. Good on you, Paul.
I hope he does in fact become a 'tyrant' and smashes some sexist laws.
Only hang up is son retaining status as a bastard but as his father is the EMPEROR, he can just degree him as legitimate.

Double-page supporter
I’m glad she chose to stay a knight and not an empress. I’m also happy they love each other. Now he just needs to find a way to keep her a knight and an empress.

Users who are viewing this thread