The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 189

jak

Contributor
I'm gonna criticize her. I think it's stupid she left. Frankly, she's being selfish. A relationship is about give and take, and she wanted to have her cake and eat it too. Honestly, Paul is starting to become insufferable to me.

(now bring on the potential bad emotes)

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I'm gonna criticize her. I think it's stupid she left. Frankly, she's being selfish. A relationship is about give and take, and she wanted to have her cake and eat it too. Honestly, Paul is starting to become insufferable to me.

Nah, I get her logic and where she's coming from, but this is a mistake on her part, I feel, mind you, I prefer characters with some reasonable flaws, myself.

Dex-chan lover

Then her regret will turn into resentment and everyone will be miserable. Sure it's greedy and selfish but it's better than the alternative.

Yeah she's kind of putting off the well being of her own son for her own selfish reason, sure she will have to renounce to a lot of things she has struggled to achieve but she didn't really stop to think how it could affect her son future in the long term, like yeah sure we know Lucius won't just give up but if he were to do so and have another heir this could lead to a lot problem down the road.

Dex-chan lover
She was complaining on being lonely and wanted help a FEW FUCKING CHAPTERS AGO. She dropped everything being a selfish cunt. I feel extremely bad for her son. I can only imagine the conversation when he's older and learns what she did.
spongebob-you-what.gif

The sweet smell of sexism because Pauliana refused to sacrifice everything she cared about for a man.

You not liking the fact it is not a romantic love triumph over all story is something but rationalising it by insulting the main character is another.

And sacrifice the well being of her son ? Really? The boy will still live as a noble with status and privilege. Stop being dramatic.

Dex-chan lover
This has been going on for 180+ chapters I’m so tired I’m gonna say it the writing fell off around the fucking 120 mark or so.

Yeah my og opinion was influenced a little bit by sexism (i was on the “this dumbass” train) regardless I do believe the source of the issue is the writing because as I stated before it fell off.

Also just want to point this out, the little kid pauline has is probably a set up/sign for a soap oprah line of succession arc or smth similar.

Needless to say I’m dropping this.

Can't have any sort of criticism of women with the "muh sexism" card being played.
Well I'm able to critic female characters without being called sexist.
If you however are unable to critic one without someone saying you're being sexist, it may be because you are sexist. Shocking, I know.

Dex-chan lover
Well I'm able to critic female characters without being called sexist.
If you however are unable to critic one without someone saying you're being sexist, it may be because you are sexist. Shocking, I know.
Why do I get the feeling if the situation was reversed you'd be calling Lucius sexist for being intimidated by a powerful woman.

Taq

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy, somebody used the S word...

Paul's decision was short sighted but I can totally see where she's coming from. She doesn't want to give up the status she has worked for over a decade to obtain. Even though it could be interpreted as selfish, she respects Lucius enough to voice her desires, and Lucius respects Paul enough to not push her into a marriage at the cost of her happiness. That doesn't mean it's not going to hurt emotionally for the both of them, but it's better they get this sorted now rather than resent wach othef years into marriage.

Users who are viewing this thread