The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 90

As the name suggest, the word "phantom" means the feeling was real, but the fetus doesnt exist. The poor lady was convinced she is pregnant due to her body showing symptoms after being pressured by the nobles backing her up.

Dex-chan lover
miscarriages...
loss.jpg
Sorry, could not help it

Double-page supporter
feel bad for her, up to now, all concubines aren't villains with a rotten personality like in most other settings with concubines.

Emmm welll....
Can we have a different arc already.
I mean, I’m not even a little bit interested in the emperor’s love life with his concubines 🤷‍♀️
I’m more interested in the life of ms paulina without the emperor thoughh... hmmmm
If want to add more spice we can have ms paulina bringing the norm of female wielding a sword into the country’s culture. That’d be nice.

XL

Double-page supporter
Phantom... baby? Oh no.....

*Death Stranding Intensifies*

@Clodial Nope, it's just stress that makes body to shows symptom similar to pregnancy, hence 'phantom'. It's likely she's late on period + not eating well.

Am I the only one who doesn't want the emperor to end up with our paul?
I want him to get an empress and live happily and to only be friends with pauliana, and I wish for pauliana to be a model to other women that they can do what they want.

@AsmaR
Am I the only one who doesn't want the emperor to end up with our paul? I want him to get an empress and live happily and to only be friends with pauliana, and I wish for pauliana to be a model to other women that they can do what they want.

me too.. it's pretty clear at this point that they'd never be able to be together.... the emperor is too rational to compromise his empire and the friendship he has with pauliana while pauliana is too dense and has too much respect to start thinking about him in that way:/

i just want them both to be happy, in whatever way that may be.

ah yes, kuroko's new ability the "Phantom baby".
He switches out the baby with a basketball

@Leonkristoffer It's not bad. However, considering what is at stake she seems like an opportunist and a liar who ruined her credibility and the name of her house.
In other words, nobles and high society making a huge scandal over a small and justified mistake.

Is it too much for me to say I am relieve that the lady is not pregnant. I mean, the king himself was truely conflicted with it, and it will take a toll of the whole politic arrangement. And his feelings of course. But well, i really ship them, paul x king...

@shionlee
As far as i know, admiration, can be similar to hate, they are the the different sides of same coin. So it wouldn’t be too hard for miss paul to actually fall for the king, speaking based on experience, that is~

The more I read this the more I want Paul to be single, or get together with some dude that is just as blissfully airheaded and talented as she is. Even if she does fall/is in love with the king, I find the power imbalance a little too much...he has all the sexual experience/awareness, has 3 concubines, and he's her superior. I suppose it's more realistic for her to have to share him with concubines rather than him magically giving up his throne or changing all the laws right away, and I'm sure Paul would understand and accept it. But it makes me a little bummed for the other concubines and the political pressure and criticism she would have to face on a daily basis until the old councilmen die.

Thanks for the chapter!

@iskaeil ikr, I wish there really was a second legit male lead who would really makes us question which ship should sail. But alas, it's not meant to be

Users who are viewing this thread