The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 18

I hope no one will try to make a scheme with that maid being pregnant. Like trying to say that it's the duke's child

What is wrong with some of you people, shitting on a maid that was raped, had her future destroyed, all relationships broken, was manipulated into doing things because of a baby she didn't want, generally brainwashed by the Abusers Handbook, but the bullying she did because of all this to give herself some illusion of control is what matters? I'm not saying to like her but Jesus y'all have messed up priorities and I worry about any abused woman you run into IRL.

Elize was given a backstory... so she would play a huge role in the future, I guess

@icarushector A lot of people only seem to process in terms of the visceral emotion something causes them, and then don't think about the story any farther than that.

This maid is horrible to her coworkers, or isn't the main character, or didn't make some smart choices, so any pain she's experienced is either earned or unimportant to some. I think that's a terrible take, but I see it more and more these days. Empathy is in increasingly short supply.

Then again, this is a fictional story involving fictional characters suffering choreographed pain and hardships, so what do I know.

While i agree it is shitty the things she went through choosing to be an absolute bitch to everyone around you is something else entirely. instead of alienating everyone around her maybe she should've tried getting help from the others.

Fed-Kun's army
damn this is the importance of knowing what you're reading... i thought something was going on in the raws but i had no clue it was THAT bad, CAN THAT MAN JUST DIE WOW HE LiTERALLY RUINED HER LIFE?? AND POSSIBLY RAPED HER??? no he definitely did, even if he wasn't physical she was coerced into it and she tried to protest... holy FUCK and then he gaslit the fuck out of her and had her spying for him... yikes

thank you for the update!!!

some of you guys don’t know what abuse is and it shows

anyways heres to hoping our baddest baby g finds out what had happened and makes the punishment 100 times worse !!

disgusting s*it of a man....I hope Astina would make him "pay" for every debauchery he did to women. I doubt the maid was the only one coz there could be more. disgusting crap like baron vernon deserves the worst kind of punishment....

Aggregator gang
I know Elise doesn't deserve what she got, she was groomed and sexually assaulted and I won't take that away from her and invalidate it, but when she decided to be the way she is she knew what she was doing. You can't just forget about the poor decisions she made just because of what she went through.

Double-page supporter
I like how this webtoon characterizes even the extra characters. They aren't just 1-dimensionional evil incarnate/antagonist that make the protags look good. Me like

Thanks for the update!

Double-page supporter
i see a lot of people out here saying men are trash, sure the guy deserves his pp cut off but the maid isn't anywhere close to being innocent and the fact that she treats the other maids terribly even after she lost everything shows that she is just a bad person who made bad choices, were those choices influenced by the bad guy? sure but they were choices nonetheless, she got drunk with power and now tastes de dephts of hell not gonna say she deserves it but she isn't innocent

@kiwisocks I guess they also missed the fact that part of the reason she felt isolated in the mansion and was made easier prey by the Baron was the fact that the other maids were bullying her first.
Her acting high and mighty around them was just "what goes around comes around"

Is the Dog Duke still afraid of the Duchess.

The sword is not longer strapped to him.

Looking forward to seeing Dog Duke get into human form, but since it is the Duchess's story, it seems like it will take a while.

Users who are viewing this thread