The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 21

Double-page supporter
@MeiraEve Exactly! Shout it for the back to hear loud and clear!

Side note, this is why when ever I hear about how criminals deserve prison rape I cringe. Never mind the whole mentality that prison is solely for punishment and not a reform, and then we release unreformed people to recycle inevitability back into prison like a revolving door. Never. mind. that. debate.

Two wrongs do not make a right. A crime is still a crime even if you think the victim "deserved" it.

Edit: second side note, what up with that man at the end of the chapter? Is the theme of today's chapter entitled rapists? Cause he not only looks like he has not learned a thing but is planning to "teach" that waitress a lesson. What's his face was right, such a cliché development.

Leave those men behind, send that waitress to the Lady. She could use someone like that.

Yeah... @Piper_Panda apparently that issue arose a lot during the #metoo movement. As for my stance on it... I'm not sure how people go about verifying a rape claim, but I doubt it's caught on camera so I imagine it's not easy to determine the truth behind it.

Aggregator gang
I'm so happy the maid saw a decent end. I know it'll be hard for her in the future, but the MC got retribution to her and at least she won't be penniless wherever she ends up. If she's smart, she'll claim she's a widow (and since the Baron will be dead in 4 days, I guess it's not that much of a stretch). Then she can live a somewhat normal life and raise her child without the censure of being unmarried. A very satisfying conclusion!

Thanks for the chapters~!

I was so worried it would end up with FMC blaming the victim but Im really glad that she addressed the issue nicely + acknowledge that some women might react differently from such an action occuring,, i thought i would have to drop this but it was refreshing to see how it went down

I love this author for taking on this issue and solving it the way they did.

"Victim doesn't have to be morally righteous." Period.

Thank you for the update!

Dex-chan lover
MMC is not even a side character anymore. FMC is the only MC in this show, and the story is going to follow whatever she does while the rest of the characters are disposable. One shouldn't be clingy to male main characters because they are going to come and go until the end of the story. We'll probably see the Duke as a pet for a couple of gag moments in the upcoming chapters, but the story is going to pick up another male main character and move from there. Then they'll probably abandon them while they're going to be a recurring character in the background. This is like one of those harem isekai manga, but the harem characters are used as plot devices for the (F)MC instead. Then again, even harem isekai manga don't sideline female characters with 1-dimensional traits as much as this manhwa does. Who knows when we'll get a recurring male character that isn't going to disappear because they've served their plot purposes for that moment?

Scum don't learn it seems.
@lionfromnorth
Are making a theory or are you saying this is true?
I think the story hasn't started, if you read the summary, you will know.

i wanted to see the ML :/ but I guess we're kinda of pregressing with the plot?

I liked it how Astina judged them, the maid took advantage of her position cause she was manipulated by the guy who rapped her, but she's not a saint neither and they both were judged by their acts.

Dex-chan lover
Is this caught up to RAWs? what's the latest one? update weekly? twice a week?

Users who are viewing this thread