The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 21

This is the second manga ive read out of…maybe 100’s where a rapist has actually been punished.
This is really sad but I guess its a step in the right direction.

Dex-chan lover
Before: She's only a girl, it couldn't possibly be worse than those two.
After: Those two were nothing by comparison.

I'm not benevolent enough to keep someone who tried to kill me close

Very well said my lady 🏌🏼‍♀️

@P-Sempai5759 I don’t think the point is that it’s ok for her to be wrong back when she was wronged though. I think the point is that for every cause there is a necessary effect (karma). Right/good actions will result in a good effect, and harmful/bad actions will result in a bad effect. Each crime/wrong decision should be punished accordingly/independently. Just because the victim has done wrong as well does not lessen the crime of the initial aggressor. So rape is rape and must be punished. But accordingly, just because she is a victim does not change the fact that she treated her other maids horribly or that she attempted to kill someone. As a result, she also reaped the seeds that she sowed since all the other maids hated her and didn’t stand up for her (a result of her bullying) and she also lost her job and any chance of a recommendation.

We are all responsible for the choices that we make. Just because you have been wronged does not make any wrong you make less wrong, and similarly does not make any person who wronged you less wrong. We are all responsible for ourselves only. The MC really nailed it on the head.

@Anonmily
I’m not trying to say the maid’s actions (such as bullying the other maids) are justified or right. I was trying to speak for victims in general, not just the maid. And yup, you’re right, we ARE all responsible for our actions and deserve whatever consequence (good or bad) comes our way because of our choices. The MC could’ve never said it better.

this is based off of medieval ages yet there are still people like the guys in the bar... how sad

Fed-Kun's army
I’m happy for Elize. Her innate belligerence was better suited towards working as a bar waitress in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread