The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 30

@otakukc
I wouldn’t call her hopelessly in love, though. She got caught completely off guard, and was faced with a heartache she thought she had overcome long ago. (Kind of like being overwhelmed when something random reminds you of someone dear that died a decade ago.)

Dex-chan lover
That backstory seems to stupid. Starting a confession with "my most loyal servant" ... I don't know; that dude just seems shit (and his initial plan to just use and discard is unforgivable anyway ^^), and her just being "yeah yeah I'll live for you" ... that's the opposite of romantic.

Supporter
To see someone you had buried yourself and loved then in front. Honestly twelve hours in she's doing really well.

I do like this ML. He's *smart*. The two of them knifing through corruption makes me grin at the thought.

...Getting Inuyasha flashbacks all of a sudden...
When your only love rival is literally a clone version/previous-life version of yourself...
noo...

I wanna tell Astina, although you have your past life memories, you are a different person than Martina. You must live your life without being dragged by the past. Let the memories be memories

Hes a sweet ML.

Anyway I think there was a reason he betrayed her in the first life..probably felt horrible

Double-page supporter
Hmm, the initial chapters made it seem like Martina died of old age. Meanwhile she executed Theodore while she was in her 20s. She had time to come to terms with his death, but it appears that she either couldn't or wouldn't. It's possible after she abdicated the throne to Althea she died soon after? That seems unlikely.

I used to like someone. But he didn't know it. We're close friend tho.
I didn't know that liking someone could be this painful lol i'm ashamed

@degenerateafro from what I could understand she never got over it, that’s why she never married or had children. The second ML’s (past-life?) was with her until the end and she still did not respond to his feelings. I also think she didn’t live long after abdicating the throne, and yes, she was old.

@sqrt9, I think he thought that he will become like his father and brother because of their blood and thus he deceided to be killed gy his loved one and clean their empire from that filthy blood

Dex-chan lover
@theapprentice I think that will be Astina's struggle moving forward in this story; if she can reconcile her previous life regrets and feelings over Theodore to start anew with Thereode and live as Astina, or if she's going to let her past ghosts get in the way because she thinks losing them means giving up on her attached identity as Martina.

Users who are viewing this thread