The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 43

Fed-Kun's army
Why are people hating on the cousin? Yeah, he's rather brash, but his heart is in the right place. Just cause he's suspicious of the FL doesn't mean that he's wrong to do so. He literally explained his reasoning.

Every other duchess in history was brought in BEFORE being aware of the curse. And they were forced to bear children after being wed. She's the ONLY one that was brought in despite knowing it. Currently, he hasn't met her, has no idea of her character so far, and isn't completely privy to what she had done for the place.

But we see that he's a bit of an innocent kid. Like, he's told to do an assignment by his cousin, and despite stating multiple times that he won't do it, he then spends the night trying to find the book.

All he needs to do is come to understand that our FL is a good person at heart.

I feel people are way too much into the FL and just hate anyone that is even the slightest bit opposed or suspicious of her.

Aggregator gang
He's a bit spoiled but he still did what he's told 🤣
Thank you so much for the update, Saving your tooches since 2k19!

If the cousin blushes at the sight of the duchess I'll like him, but if he starts attacking her - nope.

He’s got every right to be suspicious of a random woman breaking the curse that’s been around for generations immediately.

@omegaxis1 yeah but I'm really stuck on how the kid doesn't realize that this time, the duchess saved the Ducal house. So, even if the duchess this time is indeed a witch, it doesn't change the fact that he's not treating the savior right

Fed-Kun's army
@selfiesturluson It wasn't immediate, it happened about a month or more after the marriage. And being suspicious is fine, but that doesn't mean talking rudely behind their back is the right way to go. Either approach them upfront or gather information to vet their identity. He was just being incredibly disrespectful without a valid reason. Not knowing someone isn't a valid reason to badmouth them. Check the situation out first and once you have conclusive evidence, do what is necessary. Not saying he's an awful person, but he is a bit of a tyke.

@omegaxis1:
Honestly, I feel like that’s a general thing in comments. People tend to be very biased towards the leading characters. I feel there’s often some kind of double standards in judging what they are “allowed to” do and say compared to what minor characters get away with...

Fed-Kun's army
@Oukishi
The very fact that she DID save him is cause for more suspicion.

A random lady from a fallen house that just so happens to be able to cure the curse that's been plaguing the house of dukes for many generations? Fairy tales would remark it as "true love's kiss," yeah, but the cousin is pragmatic enough to know that it's total BS for the two to be in love with one another. And we the readers know that she doesn't love him, but rather has issues with his face being the same as the man she once loved. And he mistook the fear he has for her as a wolf when she brings the sword out as love.

There's multiple reasons why the cousin oughta be skeptical and feel cause for suspicion.

@words
Yeah. Moreso if the MC is some badass and/or very tragic person.

Aggregator gang
She looks so beautiful in that last panel

Thank you for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread