The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 45

@Oukishi

I agree with you on most of what you said: but I would have used the term desperate; instead of creepy.

I mean, his desperation for love and clinging behavior is sort of creepy. But it is understandable in a way.

It just makes him fall flat as a ML, and also makes him not very attractive personality wise.

Theo, I'll be frank, I liked you better as a giant idiot dog. Your human version is too "Nice guy" for my liking.
Pushy, kind of entitled, thinking you have a chance just because someone is being compassionate 🙄

I guess we better brace ourselves, because it seems that this will take a while before anything develops 😒

Trasheo and his cousin is the same

They're both desperate in such a stupid way. Hope they burn and rot.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! Theo, back the fuck off. That is NOT the line to be crossing. If she feels like opening up, she’ll tell you. Don’t go snooping out other people’s insecurities just because your history and past (or more like ancestry) is catching up to you. Right now, I don’t like anyone in the Duke’s lineage, the Duke nor his cousin. Cousin just feels like a spoiled brat that hasn’t worked a day in his life (administration-wise) and the Duke is coming off like a total asshole. I get he’s emotional right now and hearing someone say “I understand” is borderline insulting, but damn Theo. Fuck you.

@Sideburns21 yeah agree with you that he just falls flat personality wise. It's just I don't like where the author is going with this. It's obvious in any generic love/comedy stories that the 2 people who spend the most time with each other somehow end up together. And no insult but I don't think this manhwa will betray expectations, being one with generic plotline and cool (but not unique) characters; still, nothing wrong with that. So, it's obvious Astina and the duke would end up together. But the ML's character is like that, acting pitiful and being pushy as his only traits. Would this excellent FL fall in love just like that? Or would she fall in love with him bc he's so pitiful? Did she also fall in love with the previous emperor bc he's so pitiful as well?

Imma be honest, as much as I like the FL and some aspects of the story, I can’t really get over the fact that it waved off the entire ‘bang a dog’ aspect. Like, is anyone ever gonna mention how absolutely freaky that is for a shoujo manhwa?

45 chapters and still no romance 😑
My shoujo heart is dying here...

You guys are so critical of the duke lol. Chill, he’s just a rather naive and innocent young man, feeling insecure being next to such a strong and wise wife. What’s wrong with simply asking about her weaknesses. They’re both adults, they can have a civil and mature discussion about it.

I’d say the way he confused fear for love and then stubbornly thought it was love was more pushy and badly written. This scene right here though is perfectly fine.

Ugh Theo keeps disappointing me with each new chapter. What a bummer. The fl is the only thing keeping me reading this story. I hope things improves.

Thank you for translating this new chapter.

Theodore I totally get you. Astina would be really hard to understand if I were not constantly seeing her thoughts as the reader.

Users who are viewing this thread