The Lady and the Beast - Vol. 1 Ch. 42

Double-page supporter
Isn't he naked because he turns back into a wolf and she kisses him every night?

Aggregator gang
@beperov
A few things about that:
1) He didn't force her to marry, his estate did. (remember, he was a doggo a the time, he couldn't make that decision)
2) It wasn't her, it was her sister that was chosen, she decided on her own to enter into the contract. (chapter 6 if you've forgotten)
3) He literally annulled the contract and gave her the option to leave. She chose to stay. Not only that she forced him to ask her for help (see chapter 31)

So yeah, you make it sound like he's oppressing her when she's the one in control of the situation.

@Umbrecola
oh, wait let me summary it, tyrant king got cursed by her tribe's people > he died > the cursed passed on the brother (scared to be completely out of his mind(?) he choosed to make MC the next heir and killed him? > since he died, the curse went to the loyal vassal's blood line to because he's married a woman from the royal family > and now ML suffered the curse? O,o isn't it like ML run away from his fate, abandon his lover, and then in the current era they met again and need to solve the same problem they had back then? Tbh that's really burdening MC's heart imo :(

@littlekoo - not an uncommon practice in these type of settings. Women are just there to birth heirs. Some women who get married to someone they hate via arranged marriage or spoils of war will just birth and never look at the child bc trauma. She went into this fulfilling her end of the contract bc it was worth more to save her precious sister than be inconvenienced by birthing a child. /shrug

Dex-chan lover
@beperov

I doubt the idiot knows he forced her family to marry him.
He didn't know his vassals were stealing and doing horrible things in his name either so I'd bet he doesn't know how she actually came to be his wife.
The dude is pretty naive so he probably didn't double check with her how his cheater vassals approached her family. I figure the author is going to have him find out just how incompetent he is.

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro You're being way too generous in your interpretation, his family basically blackmailed the girl's family to send a wife and she chose to go there to save her sister, not because she thought it would be fun or something. When the dog turned into human again she saw how bad things were in their dominion so she chose (again, because she's selfless) to help them but didn't say or promise to become this dude's lover. He's being really rude and dumb right now, which is something the story probably will acknowledge in the coming chapters.

“Because you felt sympathy for a poor beast?” That one line makes me want to really punch him in the god damn face. It’s sickening. Is it true? Probably. But the way he said it and meant it is disgusting.

Aw I’m a bit disappointed in Theo these two chapters. He’s being fairly bratty. Hopefully this is a bump in the road and he goes back to being the sweet character he was before.

Thank you for translating this new chapter.

@sheepdoge I think wanting to keep the reincarnation part a secret is fine, but these decisions she makes to only say the bare minimum followed by no explanation is the part that upsets me.

For example, she realizes that the "heart pounding" he gets when he sees her with a sword is a result of beating him up as a beast. So that's how she realizes its not love. But does she explain it now that she sees what's happening? Nope. She tells him flat out its not love. Its only after he challenges her again after feeling upset that she reveals that this is the reason. Just stuff like that irks the crap out of me.

Aggregator gang
@beperov She had and still has the choice to leave at any time. She is staying of her own free will. She is not locked down and she knows it. How am I being too generous?
She treats him like a child and in many ways he is a child. He's trying to love his wife and she's saying "don't bother". So of course he's confused.

Remember he thought she was forced to leave behind a loved one when she was brought to the estate, so he's a bit jealous, but he realizes it's not his place to be jealous which is why he immediately apologized. Then she drops that he should find a different wife and her contract is up in a years time. So why did she bother staying in the first place? He told her she could leave and she chose to stay. He asked her for help after she suggested she would help, but now she's saying she's leaving once the term is up. And you wonder why he's confused by that?

The new boy looks like either his (step) brother or close cousin.

The Duke is always drawn so beautifully, especially his body, I always look at his panels and appreciate the art <3

Users who are viewing this thread