The Lecture You Would Never Want Your Parents To Give You - Ch. 15 - A parental lesson "Life is more fun if you let go of shame"

Dex-chan lover
Author tries to piss off some leftist americans 😂
American Leftists are garbage human beings. Watching them REEE is F'ing hilarious
Also, just for clarity, I don't adhere to any political ideology. I just find it hilarious that we have a cute Japanese commercial showing a family enjoying fast food, and people (namely leftists) screech like it's the coming of Satan. That's what's funny.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Eh, it must have been enough that a webcomic author referenced the ad. Unless the author is algorithm-holed into the niche who participates in imaginary culture wars.
It's far more likely that the author had no such intention and that the reference only exists in the fevered imagination of wrong-wing trolls.

Just enjoy the cute family time for what it is. No need to invoke nonexistent culture wars over it.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, it must have been enough that a webcomic author referenced the ad. Unless the author is algorithm-holed into the niche who participates in imaginary culture wars.
I think it's more likely that the author just thought the ad fit what he wanted to do with the manga; I don't think he drew this with any thoughts about leftists or Americans or culture wars.

Group Leader
Looks like she's about to break her hubbies' face with the back of her head!
Yes.
https://x.com/sino_sakisaki/status/1717122430962143432?s=20
F9RxpVqbEAAPTgu

Dex-chan lover
Looks like she's about to break her hubbies' face with the back of her head!

It was some insane political drama (what isn't these days?). Basically that Mcdonalds ad came out, and extremist lefties started screeching about how it was preaching conservative cis hetero-normative values, and how the ad pandered to the right... typical online brain rot.

Personally, I found the comments about how the ad reminded young men and women of what they'll never have (a healthy and happy family) in this modern age, far more sad and black pilling.
These days are far too bleak. :shamihuh:
I found the opposite where extreme righties were touting it as a win against extreme lefties.

It's just a shitshow. Ignore it.

Dex-chan lover
Some of yall need to get off line mang. Whole world of normal people out there for you to interact with.
Just because I noticed the shitshow doesn't mean I was a part of it.
If you're talking about my pessimistic view of dating and marriage at the moment, the real world ain't helping with that outlook buddy.

I found the opposite where extreme righties were touting it as a win against extreme lefties.

It's just a shitshow. Ignore it.
Yeah, political discourse is the absolute worst at the moment.

Dex-chan lover
Just to conclude this topic here: we're reading a Japanese webcomic that is referencing a Japanese ad. That's all.
Someone asked about the controversy, and I answered, I didn't say anything about this comic trying court controversy.

Users who are viewing this thread