The Lecture You Would Never Want Your Parents To Give You - Ch. 35 - The parent that gets too excited and starts to put pressure on the teacher durin…

You know what? You don't care about the TL. Once I finish one of my projects, I'll fix this one myself.

she gonna get that 2nd honeymoon. a lovey dovey but "slightly" erotic 2nd honeymoon and maybe a 2nd child along the way.
This TL is ass. She never said "Second honeymoon." And the title is "The parent who who gets turned on and pressures the teacher during the parent-teacher conference".

Dex-chan lover
literally her face, lmao
cdc.jpg

Dex-chan lover
If having your parents come to school can already be a bit embarrassing for a school kid, this sort of conversation must be actual torture for her.

Last edited:
Group Leader
This TL is ass. She never said "Second honeymoon."
I, uh… think that “dai-ni no shinkon seikatsu” is pretty close to that, though? Sure a closer translation would be “a second newlywed life”, but “second honeymoon” flows a smidge better.

If you have a better translation in mind by all means go for it –it's always interesting to see alternative TLs– but I can't fathom how this reaches the level of “ass”. Especially not after I read those MTLs of “Kakushite!! Makina-san!!” and had to step in to demonstrate exactly how far off the mark the translation was. And let's not forget that one time where “Himawari no hana, itsumo arigatou gozaimasu” (“Thank you for always bringing sunflowers”) got translated as “Sunflower thank you for everything”…

Dex-chan lover
She needs to run away from her mother's horniness. Don't worry she will then crave for those interactions herself and fully devote her self to get all lovey dovey with some young man in college

I, uh… think that “dai-ni no shinkon seikatsu” is pretty close to that, though? Sure a closer translation would be “a second newlywed life”, but “second honeymoon” flows a smidge better.
It's also not what she said. "Second honeymoon" implies they're actually going to go out on a romantic trip to god knows where the instant she leaves, as opposed to flirting it up and having sex at home all the time. Before we talk about "flow", we should worry about "What they said".
If you have a better translation in mind by all means go for it –it's always interesting to see alternative TLs– but I can't fathom how this reaches the level of “ass”.
Because the TL consistently sees them say one thing, then makes them say another. As far as I'm concerned, transmitting the message is the bare minimum . If doesn't matter how nice it sounds, if you didn't actually tell the audience what they said, both are just as bad. The nice-sounding one might even be worse, since the audience might be left with the idea that they actually got a translation, and not the "TL"'s fanfic. I see it happen all the time

Once we've done the bare minimum, I think there's finally room to talk about how this guy makes the sentences flow nicer, or how this other guy actually gives each character a unique voice based on their manner of speaking, or how this third one actually went out of his way to let you experience the story exactly like the Japanese audience would, etc.

Especially not after I read those MTLs of “Kakushite!! Makina-san!!” and had to step in to demonstrate exactly how far off the mark the translation was. And let's not forget that one time where “Himawari no hana, itsumo arigatou gozaimasu” (“Thank you for always bringing sunflowers”) got translated as “Sunflower thank you for everything”…
Fact is, this is the MTL translation. I gave the bit to GPT, and here's the exchange:

The phrase 第二の新婚生活 (daini no shinkon seikatsu) translates to "second honeymoon" or "second newlywed life." It refers to a period where a couple, typically after some years of marriage, experiences a renewal of their relationship that resembles the freshness and enthusiasm of a newlywed life. This can involve rekindling romance, going on trips, or generally enjoying a phase of deeper emotional connection similar to when they first got married.

第二の新婚生活 満喫するしか無い じゃないですか?!

The phrase 第二の新婚生活 満喫するしか無い じゃないですか?! translates to:
"We have no choice but to fully enjoy our second honeymoon, right?!"
This translation captures the sentiment of the original Japanese, expressing a cheerful and somewhat rhetorical suggestion that the only option is to thoroughly enjoy a renewed phase of marital bliss, akin to a second honeymoon. The phrase is both encouraging and a bit playful, using じゃないですか to seek agreement or affirmation.

"Honeymoon" implies that there's going to be a trip to consummate the relationship, doesn't it? I don't know that it refers to general life after the marriage.

You make a good point. The term "honeymoon" often implies a trip or a holiday taken right after marriage. Using "second honeymoon" might inaccurately suggest a specific trip rather than a general rejuvenation of the relationship.
Given that, a more fitting translation for 第二の新婚生活 that avoids the implication of a trip might be:
"We have no choice but to fully enjoy our renewed married life, right?!"
This version captures the idea of re-experiencing the joys and closeness of early married life, without specifically referencing travel, making it more appropriate for describing a broader range of activities and feelings that rejuvenate a marriage.

You've talked to me like a level-headed Human being. That makes you a cool guy in my book. Let me know if you ever need help with anything TL related.

Also, when I said I'd be doing "this one", I meant the whole series.

Group Leader
Because the TL consistently sees them say one thing, then makes them say another.
Wait; “consistently”‽ You hadn't communicated that before.

Going by your reaction, then, this seems more like “the straw that broke the camel's back” than “this alone is enough to deem the TLer worthless”. Which… yeah, if your anger has been building for a while then I can completely understand your reaction.

Wait; “consistently”‽ You hadn't communicated that before.
Honestly, I just kind of assumed you either followed the comments for this series, or knew about me already. My whole MO is I spend a while correcting TL's, and if they ignore me long enough, or (More likely) tell me to eat shit, I just take on the series myself.
Going by your reaction, then, this seems more like “the straw that broke the camel's back” than “this alone is enough to deem the TLer worthless”. Which… yeah, if your anger has been building for a while then I can completely understand your reaction.
Check the previous few chapters. I've been complaining about the TL on and off since the start. The last one was the one with the car, where she the daughter went from having little kid boy cousins to nieces, and the TL outright dropped a bit they were doing for one of the bubbles. The chapters are short, yet they manage to change at least two things every single time for no reason..

Dex-chan lover
The teacher probably pities the daughter, considering that that is her default face when responding to her mother’s outspoken erotic outrage

Users who are viewing this thread