The Man-Killer Otokoro-san

Contributor
Damn, I'm following this just to enjoy all the butthurt whenever there's a new release xD

VIP
>"those SJW is really easy to get TRIGGERED, lmao snowflake".
>this manga "exist"
>rRrrRRReeeeeEEEEEEEEEEeeeEEEEEEee

giphy.gif

Lmao, guys... seriously?

... The problem I have is that I can't tell if this is satire or not. It's easy to say that they can't actually be serious about this, but I've seen worse stated in a completely matter of fact manner. If this isn't a satire... well, I believe others have stated this better than I have. Even if this is a satire, I have no doubt that at some point, a bunch of people who do agree with the ostensible message will twist the message so that it becomes the apparent message that the author is attempting to send.

At this point though... I'm going to have to pass... Because this is really disturbing to read. There are better avenues to counter the events in the manga, ones that don't involve murder, especially since this has no link to hidden conspiracies, supernatural beasts or the like that would allow me to suspend my disbelief. It's one thing for an enemy to incidentally be immoral, another for the antagonist to have no characteristic other than a molester.

Dex-chan lover
@Jopari Agreed! The whole "b-but, it's just satire breh" argument from some people here is missing the point.

Since its been dropped by kirei cake, feel free to pick it up my fellow man killing equality fighters.

Contributor
@Jopari it's a fucking gag manga lol, you must be retarted to extract some sort of message from this. Just don't read the manga if you don't like it, don't shoehorn your PC ideologies into it like SJWs.

@ad_chiat Hmm, you know, it's interesting to see that while a lot of people are flaming people for shoehorning their ideologies onto it, or even just getting triggered at it, that these comments tend to be the ones that are the most vehement or "triggered" in their defence of it. Right now I am trying to be civil and explain my side, if you want you can also be civil and feel free to explain yours, perhaps in a less accusatory and vehement tone? Remember that just because you aren't PC doesn't mean you have to be impolite.

The thing to me is this is a particular topic that is currently shall we say... controversial in a few countries, which to me at least, blurs the lines when it comes to comics dealing with these that do not explicitly state their intent. As if you leave it to chance someone somewhere will misinterpret it. I do think that this is likely satire, which hell, I have no problem with people enjoying. But without that disclaimer don't be surprised if people who actually agree with the overt message start to congregate to it. It'll be like Dihydrogen Monoxide all over again... or any of the internet satires that went wrong and spawned their own little cults in ironic opposition to the original intent.

Contributor
@Jopari ignoring your whining about me being impolite (please know that I'm not in any way obliged to be civil to you), you are completely missing the point. So what if it's about supposedly "controversial" topic, does that mean it has too be censored? You remind of people who think video games cause children to become violent. Of course everything can be misinterepreted, some guy playing GTA might try to do those things irl, does that mean we ban GTA? Let's be honest here most people are afraid of this manga because they spend too much time in their online echo chambers and have started believing that feminists or marxists or some else is taking over the world, so much so that they can't even detect satire.
And your criticisms are so weak, like
There are better avenues to counter the events in the manga, ones that don't involve murder, especially since this has no link to hidden conspiracies, supernatural beasts or the like that would allow me to suspend my disbelief
That is supposed to be the shock humour part, frankly if you did not get this, you completely missed the point. You might not be able to suspend your disbelief, that's your subjective opinion not universal truth.
And
It's one thing for an enemy to incidentally be immoral, another for the antagonist to have no characteristic other than a molester.
Dude have you seriously not seen one dimensional antagonists before, especially in comedy focused series? His character wasn't expanded on because this is a brainless comedy manga. Charater developement, sensible plot etc are not what this is manga about. You act as if violent slapstick comedies haven't existed before.

@ad_chiat
Heh, I see a lot of strawmen here, words placed in my mouth that I've never said or implied, perhaps you are the one in the echo chamber and not I? Politeness is a courtesy, and perhaps even a normal state, costing nothing. I am in fact somewhat gratified, it must take a lot of effort to remain so filled with vitriol towards me, or do you just bottle up your life's frustrations for me instead?

Note, I said that there should be a large disclaimer about it, to make clear the author's stance, never that it should be censored, you seem rather bent on ignoring that, but I suppose that does well to feed your strawmen.

that's your subjective opinion not universal truth.

True, hence why I was dropping it, not why everyone should drop it, you seem to have missed a crucial sentence fragment from before what you quoted, namely:

I'm going to have to pass...

More to the point, it's boring shock humour, he appeared, he died, we practically saw it coming the moment the situation arose. I think the author hasn't quite mastered the nuance of over the top humour. That one-dimensional, bland, boring and bad (in the plot sense) antagonists exist does not excuse it appearing anywhere. In a comedy it would have been better to make his one dimension at least laughably pathetic or so ridiculous it's funny, in this case it's not even pathetic, just... bland.

In fact, that would have made the shock humour more funny, if for instance he had started to spout common incel thought processes while bleeding from his eyes.

Contributor
@Jopari lol if you think anything I wrote about you was vitriolic then you must live a very sheltered life indeed. Your point is still as strange as it was before
Note, I said that there should be a large disclaimer about it, to make clear the author's stance
You seriously need a disclaimer for this manga? I think anyone with even a tiny bit of common sense would know this is satire. Unless you're so indoctrinated by your echo chamber that you believe feminists are going around literally killing people and the author is advocating that. Hell, shit like this has no disclaimer, nobody's complaining about that. I reiterate, people are riled up about this only because they are afraid the author disagrees with them politically, a point you fail to address in your reply. Also don't judge the manga based on just one chapter, especially the first one which is about setting up the premise.
And @Angelonius, very clever reply, I have completely destroyed! I never thought that this was a completely serious work with the intention of propagating an agenda, not a comedy manga. Looks like feminists are ruining mangas now, amirite?

@ad_chiat
The difference between this and Dead Tube is that there is no vocal minority that espouses the viewpoints of Dead Tube's premise.

Yes, people do complain about this because of how jarring the manga is, but to me, this manga itself deals with an issue that falls into a rather grey area, making it easily misappropriated, which is why I have slight apprehension to it. I'm not here to defend people who simply scream that this is bullshit, I will not be misrepresented into a convenient strawman, I defend my viewpoints and my viewpoints alone. And my viewpoint is that if it isn't clearly labelled as satire, there is going to be someone out there who will misappropriate it, again, as Dihydrogen Monoxide, which started as a satire of scientific illiteracy but has actual proponents now.

And honestly, the message one might take from this literally wouldn't be that there are feminists out there killing people, but that there might be people who fantasise it, though honestly we knew this long ago when we came across feminist utopias in fiction, mostly the ones from radical "feminists" who seem to believe that all the worlds societal woes would be gone if the men were gone. Obviously this is false, and not a representation of proper feminism, merely a crude caricature, but it exists, and there are people who espouse it openly. In the same vein I wouldn't find it funny either if we got a manga of the opposite version.

Also if I didn't judge it based on the single chapter that's been up here for... 6 days, then what should I judge it on? And if one can't judge it based on a single chapter, then how can you be sure it's satire?

I should note that at this point we're just going in circles, back to what I started talking about, and doubtless this is a trend that will continue, so I bid you goodbye, may whatever is on your reading list quickly update. I know mine isn't...

Contributor
@Jopari you missed my entire point
The difference between this and Dead Tube is that there is no vocal minority that espouses the viewpoints of Dead Tube's premise.
There might be one or two nutcases that believe in killing all men or shit like that but the number is massively overblown online because of certain people pushing their political agendas. Your dihydrogen monoxide thing illustrates this perfectly, nobody outside a few people fell for it. And it was delibrately made so that it would confuse people, this is straight-on-your face satire. And honestly, you seem completely illiterate on what radical feminists believe and what their goals are.
mostly the ones from radical "feminists" who seem to believe that all the worlds societal woes would be gone if the men were gone
The explicitly stated goal of radical femnists is the abolition of gender itself, i.e your sex won't matter culturally (hence ending patriarchy). However ridiculous or far-fetched this may appear to be, it's certainly not related to killing all males.
Also if I didn't judge it based on the single chapter that's been up here for... 6 days, then what should I judge it on?
How about not judging it at all?
And if one can't judge it based on a single chapter, then how can you be sure it's satire?
I was refering to your judgement of how the comedy is bland, not whether it's satire or not (which is very clear from the first chapter).

Contributor
@Angelonius lol do you have any arguments other than cheap gotcha statements? Not even good ones at that, at least state what I'm supposed to be projecting.

Aggregator gang
@Jopari Why should it be satire, and why are you acting like killing in a manga is some irreproachable taboo? And in any other manga people would've been unironically begging for the teacher to die, and in plenty of other titles a character like him would die, but nobody is going to act on something like that in real life. Even if they did it would hardly be a detriment to society. You say that molester shouldn't be his only character trait, but it's like that in every single title unless the molester is the main character, which is actually fairly common and draws less outrage than this did.

"Disturbing to read." Jesus Christ you're being melodramatic. There is absolutely no fucking way you would say this about a similar manga that didn't have a girl talking about equality.

>"I want a world where everyone us equal."
>Girl falls over
>"Are you okay?!?"
>Guy falls over
>*Ignores entirely*

Looks like this is just a manga shitting on feminism. No problem with that, feminists are nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread