The Misfit of Demon King Academy - Vol. 4 Ch. 13.5

@MemoryIris
wasn't Ivis and the rest of MC's subordinate agreed to be attacked by avos/ray/hero kanon so they lost their memories? or you were referring to another attack by 3rd party? since there is a 3rd party in this scenario.

the plan is:
supposed to only replace anoth name by avos so that MC can live normally and they can be bros, but the head god were being a dick so he hijacked the hero's plan. spirits live through legend, they materialize when a legend/story was made. the head god made a spirit to be the fake demon king using avos name (because there's already a legend) to kill and replace the MC

identity:
It's Misa, and she's a half spirit, also shin's/MC's right hand man daughter

Double-page supporter
@simplethrone
Yeah, another attack by a 3rd party. Rereading WN chapter 65 through the recent translation, Melheiz said he was attacked and stabbed by one of those slave/contract swords after meeting Anoth. Kanon had no reason to do that, so a it must've been done by a 3rd party. The other subordinates with Kanon's origins shouldn't have a reason to attack Anoth either, so I figure they must've been stabbed too or had a 3rd origin mixed in.
3rd spoiler
I knew Shin was her father!

@MemoryIris
oh, in chapter 65? the one who attacked him is Kanon, though it's wasn't entirely "attacked" per se. It's a memory altering skill, a red herring for us readers given by the author to make sure "Avos" feels antagonistic towards our MC

@MemoryIris
yea theres that 3rd guy that appeared in v2 during melhez vs anoth and ray/kanon/avos claimed that it wasnt him, unfortunately i dont know whos that guy yet as ive only read up to v3 WN so far, planning to read v4 soon

Double-page supporter
Thought this should start being taken to DMs, but can't seem to send any right now.

@simplethrone
Wasn't the memory alteration 2000 years ago or however long ago it was when first Melheiz crossed the wall? The "attack" I was talking about in chapter 65 happened in the current time, like it'll be happening behind the scenes in the manga soon-ish. Or are you saying that time was Kanon as well?
If this 2nd, more recent attack really is Kanon, or more like Ray at this point, then it feels like more of a plot hole than a red herring. Though I guess you could argue that Ray was confident that Anoth could safely deal with whatever problems arise, but then why brainwash Melheiz a 2nd time and put his foster mother at risk? Some kind of convoluted plan to make Anoth strengthen her legend?

@einherz
We're both more or less at the same point of the story then.

Group Leader
01RnF11.png

Users who are viewing this thread