The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
i am kinda glad the sister reported the fire
onii-chan to the rescue!

Aggregator gang
I know Eli didn't do this out of concern for Leslie's saftey, since it's been obvious since the beginning that she has none of that. But I'd like to think that, on top of her fear of losing her place, maybe there was also a bit of self-preservation involved in her decision here. If Leslie snapped and used her powers after they'd just tried to kill her again, it's very likely that she would just kill them all.

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I find the idea of Eli helping Leslie for the sake of self-preservation to be at least a small step forward. Still totally self-focused, but at least that would be less... petty.

The Marquis made the worst possible decision he could have made in this case. If something had gone wrong then Leslie would have died. The real kicker to all of this is that it would be seen as the Marquis negligence that brought his family to harm. Of course no servants would testify against him, but he not only let his young daughter rid alone, but somehow didn't realize her carriage went missing while riding home? The Duchess will definitely use this as pretext to take Leslie away faster. The Marquis put literally no thought into what he was doing.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for this chapter.

Asshole of a father, but at least now Leslie will probably stay in the duchess house.

Interesting that it was Eli who warned the knights, out of self preservation no doubt.

Ya know I was kinda mad she decided to go with them in her own carriage cause it seemed so obvious, but I forgot that even though she's mature and smart for her age she's still just a child. I'm sorry I got mad leslie your doing great

I don't think Eli has grown much of a conscious as much she had figured out her Father hairbrained scheme and wanted to maintain her position. After all she didn't care when Leslie was dragged into the fire for her benefit and last chapter she was still hostile about the different treatment and fear of the secret being leaked out.

Hmm

Sister did do it out of her own gain...

But I am not actually all that against the Sister having a redemption arc as the story goes along. For the father and mother its way too late..

Dex-chan lover
meh people talking about a redemption arc for the sister, i'm not sure if it'll happen. What I predict is the fall of her parents but the sister will be spared because leslie's soon to be onii-chan will reveal it was her that told them about the fire. It is likely that this will lead to a 'redemption' arc but it could also go down a revenge route for her instead. Either way, I just want to see leslie happy and her smile be proteccted

This is not a redemption arc for the sister. This is merely the sister making a convinient way to explain her getaway without having her reveal Lesslie's power. Also, it does not matter if she lives or dies, one confirms her having power or not.

Poor girl 😭 i hope she gets adopted into the Duchess family faster. Sperado family is so evil. Glad to see the onii-chan starts caring about her 😄

nah her sister just did it to save her own ass, lets not forget she was rdy to let leslie burn in the other fire

Dex-chan lover
on the one hand.... sister is a terrible selfish person....

on the other hand... sister was raised by trash parents and didn't know anything about the reasons behind her sisters abuse and probably thought it was normal....

not sure if she did this out of selfishness or not. I reserve judgement til we have more information.

Users who are viewing this thread