The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 13

i really wonder whether it's purely out of self interest or perhaps she is finally feeling some emphathy, probably the former

Thank god for onii-san to the rescue

I'll also thank the sister just this once at least, but she still cannot be trusted _:)'3

Dex-chan lover
I'm getting confused about her age. At the duchess' house she said she'll be turning 11, now she's 12? Mistranslation maybe? It's just a minor thing though.

Aggregator gang
@Stormdragon
I forgot about her being at the fire...but I still don't think she really understands what all was going on
she may have been in on the throwing Leslie into the fire part of the plan, but based on chapter 1, it sounds like daddy told everyone it was because "Leslie had to die in place of Eli" because "destiny" reasons and not "we're sacrificing Leslie to make Eli stronger" so Eli most likely did NOT understand why that all actually happened...and it was daddy yelling they weren't throwing Leslie in fast enough
as for Eli complaining about her powers being too weak, that's probably just a combination of the expectations her family pushes on her and the end result of the family's decline (which I personally suspect is due to a weakening of the blood-line given they have a formal ritual to sacrifice anyone born strong so the weak "pretty" ones can steal that power...but since it isn't their innate power they have progressively less chance of children with strong powers being born)

Aggregator gang
@InsaneInsomniac: In chapter 2 Eli is quite literally yelling about "why didn't that idiot get burned by the fire" and "If she'd been successfully sacrificed then I would be able to properly use my powers" and so on. Eli knows everything about what was going on, and she was clearly on board with it, and very upset that it didn't work.

Dex-chan lover
@NIKAtheWorm Not worth thanking her at all, she did this 'cause she doesn't want her dad to know her little sister has powers better than her, that and only that.

Aggregator gang
@kiero13: go back and read again. Her age was asked twice while at the duchess' house. The first time she said "I turn 13 this year." The second time she said "I turned 12 this year." I suspect the lack of past tense in the first one was a translator error. I don't know how tense is handled in Korean. Regardless, every time she states her age directly she's said she's 12.

Dex-chan lover
@Fari : Not just that, the dad's so hungry for power that he will definitely sacrifice the weaker of the two (Eli) if it's necessary.

That's why Eli is afraid, as Leslie told her once "if I show them my power, do you think it'll be you in that fire half a year later?"

Yeah sure right now his plan is Eli marrying into royal family and Leslie sent to war, but if that marriage fell through, do you think he'll think twice before announcing Eli 'met with an accident'?

Ugh seriously that family is sick!

I hope she can stay longer with the new brother

About the age, Koreans have a speciality ; you gain 1 year on the 1st of January. So there's this administrative age and their real birthday. Should be why her age is not clear.

Aggregator gang
Can't believe I'm saying this but nice job evil sis!
Thanks for translating!

So her greedy sister in her quest to hide MC's gift actually helped her, well at least she is good for something.

Group Leader
@kiero13
4f66456c5c74195e815bb6008a2e5087.png
No she's always been twelve. She said she turned twelve this year :D

Aggregator gang
At least her sister has somewhat of a consciousness. May be a redeeming quality or just a egoistical ploy, but it matters not for our MC survived.

Users who are viewing this thread