The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
Aha! Onii-chan to the rescue!
The secret to surviving among selfish assholes is to make their own well-being dependent on yours.

This seems like such an open-and-shut case of attempted murder. What can the marquis even say at this point? Even if you call it an outside assassination attempt, sounds like the perfect excuse for some outside knights to intervene "for her protection".

omg her "blood" family is horrible/trash. i hope she'll be able to escape soon and into the arms of her new family the salvatores...

Group Leader
sooooooo what's with the sister? is this purely out of fear for what silver hair would do (as in, destroying everything), or so she can stay on top, or because she cares now (which is least likely)?

@mimicking

if the mc uses her power, then the father would pay more attention to the her

the blonde girl is afraid of that and she knows that the mc's power is really strong and she can survive.

@GerryCerryBery

this is why people get brainwashed, cause they're like you and don't pay attention

the sister did it for her own benefit, you can literally tell when she said "save her before she uses her power"

she already knows the mc CAN DEFINITELY survive the fire even without help, she's afraid her father will side with the mc more, just like at the dining table.

@GerryCerryBery difference in interpretation? It was clearly alluded into why she helped her in the previous chapters.

Not trying to be rude, but you either skimmed or skipped a couple chapters if you didn't get it.

Also, I have no idea why the mc didn't use her powers to get out of that situation. It's like she didn't, just so the plot could move forward with the brother saving her and make it so we feel more empathy towards her, which ruins it for me.

Aggregator gang
@Ken4553

I don't think it is as clear as you think it is, because some other comments where discussing the same things we do now. For some it was an act of growing a conscience/caring for her sister, for others it was clear as day that it was out of her own selfishness of fear of losing her role as daddy's favorite.

As for the rude part: Could very well be true, I don't know what I was thinking more than half a year ago and I'm not going to reread all the chapters up to this point just to see, if I'd draw the same conclusions as back then.
I also don't think assuming that people could have skipped or skimmed chapters is rude, but rather the wording of the first line in the first comment to me was.

Dex-chan lover
@linnch The original phrase is actually "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb," iirc. Which is to say, family relationships ain't shit compared to the bonds we make ourselves with others. Brothers in arms on battlefields, for instance. I'm about 99% convinced the phrase got warped into its modern day equivalent by exactly the kind of shitty family members that would use and abuse their relations with other family members.

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO😡😡

Onii chan to the rescue 🥺🥺😭😭 SO CUTE!
GET HER OUT OF THAT HELL HOUSE THIS INSTANT 😭😭 POOR LESLIE

Users who are viewing this thread