The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 34

Fed-Kun's army
@Cynic oh lol, sorry seems like i misunderstand XD glad to help u being know when to expect the arc ending

Group Leader
@PaterFrog No, "marquess" is correct. "Marquis" is just the French spelling of the same word. The wife of a marquess is "marchioness". Just a simple Google search would have cleared this up for you, buddy.

@konohananiji
Wait, wtf? What did I search for then, a couple of days ago in the older chapter? I swear I read precisely "[...] marquess is the wife of a marquis."
Guess I'm gonna have to get used to it, even if it looks really weird to have an "ess" at the end of a non-female denomination.

Hmm, so what I still don't understand is why there was the need for sacrifices in the first place. So you have a blond child and a gray-haired child, the latter of which has greater power. Isn't the logical thing to do just to raise the gray-haired child to their full potential instead of going though that sacrifice nonsense where some power is even lost when it's passed to the other child? The premise for this story is really weird after all.

Dex-chan lover
@rdirf
It seems like it may not have been well known. He did seem to at least be unaware of it prior to reading that paper. Maybe it is just a theory, which through a lack of test subjects was only considered plausible and never fully confirmed. It also seems like the silver haired child is not be a guarentee.

Dex-chan lover
@Atikan_ If they're stated, I didn't see them at all in my rereading of the chapters so far. Assumably, Ruenti and Konrad are of a similar age. And Konrad isn't a huge jump older than Leslie, supposedly, since he said that the Duchess still sees him as a Child too. Then again, the Duchess might view anyone younger than her or a certain amount of maturity, as a child.

@iAmAileen

Jacaranda flowers have the same colors as the hair of the Queen Dowager, Medea. In an earlier chapter they also talked about how the jacaranda flower looks harmless but its roots can control an entire lake. I think this means Medea, as the Queen Dowager, has hidden influence she wants to use to destroy the Salvatores. There was also when the Duchess interrogated a servant who claimed the Sperados sent him. However, the Duchess stated the marquis was too weak to use a spell to kill the servant like that, so someone more powerful must be behind it. After that was a panel of a woman with blue hair, presumably the Queen Dowager.

We also know that the Duchess fought in a conflict and that Medea is the princess of a ruined country and has some grudge against the Salvatores.

Why do they sacrifice the silver haired children who have the potential for power just to give it to a golden hair kid with absolutely no power? No one is worthless, but when using their toxic logic, the hopeless goldens are the worthless ones. Why treat the silvers like shit? Some golden hair ancestor must have been being a classic batshit Speardo, and made a rule that silvers be sacrificed to transfer power.
And you KNOW that's some shitty brainwashing when gramps is a silver and still pushing that agenda onto the next generation. Gramps must've gotten lucky and no golden hairs were born in his generation..... But instead of ending the cycle, he has a golden haired kid, and so he decides to continue the bs?????
I hope the Speardos get EXACTLY what they deserve, WITH INTEREST.

Group Leader
@QueenKumQuat The way I understand how it works is that kid with gold hair is most likely to awaken the power, but on its own it's usually not that great. Most of power is passed to kid with silver hair, but they very rarely awaken their power. So Sperados figured out that if they burn them, they can transfer their dormant power to currently living kid with gold hair (don't ask me how it works and how they figured out they have to burn their child alive on specific day) making them very powerful. At least that would explain why they stuck to gold hair, when simply letting silver haired kids live would be much easier. Unless they're that attached to gold hair as symbol of their family and are fine with going through entire pain of transferring power just for that reason.

@Nevri
Ah, see that would make much more sense. So like how Little Leslie has the power but its so hard for her to control it. And it would be "more efficient" to just sacrifice her to transfer it to her sister who would get an extra power boost AND have much better control of it?? Still absolutely horrible, but makes sense.... And about the ritual, you know fantasy stories love their ancient books. I wouldn't be surprised if they realized the problem and searched countless forbidden books until they found one which said to burn the sacrifices alive. They took the chance and it worked.... and the rest was history....... *sigh* But yeah, that horrible tradition was sooo ingrained in them that Gramps didn't even think twice about NOT changing their history.

@Atikan_
@ravidya

I saw someone say Konrad was 15. Ruenti is similar in age like ravidya said and seems to be at the end of his academy years or just out of it I think by reading. Berthon being older would seem to be late teens like 18 at the youngest to mid 20s I think, being the head knight would need experience even with a title. It would also make sense since the duchess is looking for help but doesn't think berthon could do the job. If she had him in her 20s it would make her at least 40+ by the time Leslie shows around the time of retiring, when living to 60s is rare if like our timeline, the midevil age.

It is alot of guessing and the abnormal size of Ruenti, Berthon, and the duchess. Plus we know Eil is 15 and seems to be around the age of Konrad.

he had two brothers?...did they die too? prob not but, gosh ... just a word and a flinch, shows how badly is the abuse in that "family"

Users who are viewing this thread