The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 63

Dex-chan lover
Reassuring to see I'm not the only one who found this chapter hard to make sense of.

Dex-chan lover
So the Empress Dowager is going for biological warfare against her own empire? Bruh what a fucking nutcase.

Double-page supporter
I've gone all confused with the plot now. Someone eli5 pls 😔🥺

What’s the king other choice that he didn’t announce crown prince 🤔
Or it will be male lead 🤔🤔

Ps somehow I feel like of Leslie know it will be benefit since we know that she has dark ability 😤

Aggregator gang
@Kibotsu that doesnt explain almost anything i asked, i know why she sees Eli as a pawn, what i want to know is why does she wants to use her when she knows she doesnt have a chance to accomplish her objetive, also even when the arabela would have access to that thing ¿how will it end up in her hands if Eli is useless to get that role? if the people of the church is aware it kills if it comes into contact ¿why does them allow access to it at all to anyone when usually children are chosen for that role? ¿why would the duchess want to take that thing out of the church when it was perfectly safe until now? just have Leslie be the arabela and leave that thing in the church were the empress cant touch it and just in case have someone else to be the arabela the next time so in 8 years it would be useless to her.

Dex-chan lover
The solution is quite simple really. The duchess said it herself, she needs to balance her own life against the safety of the empire. So, now that she knows how dangerous the dowager's plans are she can simply kill her and accept the punishment for that while claiming the responsibility and duty of being the empire's protector drove her to it. One of the sons will inherit the family and root out the dowager's remaining pawns.

I see the dowager just want to see Empire being Burn

I don't know the detail about dowager resentment toward empire, but one of them cause of politics...

Double-page supporter
Why wouldn’t the dutchess just kill or apprehend the empress since she knows for a fact she is plotting against the empire and her child.

I don’t get the point of Eli what is up with this story these days

Dex-chan lover
Welp, guessing this is where leslie's "black saint" powers are gonna come into play to stop the box's effect(since the queen dowanger burned the records, we don't know the method they used to not kill the arabella if there was one).
@Cleesus
She is from a foreign nation that the empire conquered, it's not really hard to figure out.
And the arabella is going to die, that's basically what she was saying, if leslie dies it will save the empire but the dutchess would lose her daughter, if eli get's it she dies but the queen will get the box and thus a powerful weapon (guessing the arabella dies to surpress the curse for a time).
@Indomiegoreng
As i said to Cleesus she is from a nation the empire conquered(or annexed, can't remember the exact scenario but i know she was part of a arranged marriage to prevent full annexation of the country or something), as such it could be simple revenge, or it could be she wants her son on the throne to turn the empire into a puppet of her home country.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, still hoping for some kind of redemption arc for Eli. While she is miserable and cruel, all the role models in her life have been miserable and cruel. It'd be nice if she could at least live a peaceful life at a monastery or something, and realize how awful the empress is.

Dex-chan lover
@icekatze
Kinda agree, as heartless as eli has been, she's also the one who saved leslie from burning alive in the carriage by telling the knights and her brother, sure she did it for selfish reasons but that should still give her some leniency.
It also doesn't help that unlike the count and her mother, eli was brought up to be that way, so she really hasn't been given a chance to actually see a possible solution other than what she's been given.

Wait, does the Arabella always die or not? If not, the why would they die now? If they did, then what's the ruckus about, they should've known this already and the best thing would to just not make Leslie try to be the arabella. I feel there's a lot of info missing.

i feel tainted seeing that blue hair dowager (i like blue but i really hate this one).....

and mommy became troubled because of that dowager, so annoying

Users who are viewing this thread