The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 63

My guess is that the exposition wasn't clear that those who touch the *contents* of the box die (as recorded in old documents by Dowager Empress' country) but not necessarily the Arabella while reinforcing the seal? I don't know. I'm seriously guessing because confused too.

Also Mama Salvatore wanting Leslie to be happy. MY HEART. ;___;

Dex-chan lover
maid: i only did what the empress dowager ordered me to do
guard: we know

ok that just so fucked up

Dex-chan lover
@DexHaunter Kind of hard to imagine the nobles of the kingdom would compete to have their child chosen for the position if it was an automatic death sentence. Instead the empire would choose an orphan for it. It's just one more thing that makes little sense in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Finally, we see the empress making her moves after so long, and boy is she one dastardly schemer. Hell, it's enough to get the Duchess to straight up call her a bitch. That honestly surprised me.

Dex-chan lover
Although we now know what the empress was planning and what her goal is, I still don't get what the Duchess' plan is. Was it just to interfere?

I thought they were going to say something like the broach sealing Pandora's box was an ancient family heirloom or the box's contents was just a cover story whats really goes on during the ceremony. After all, they did drop that the broach sealing the box was rumored to have a secondary effect.

P.S.
I also thought that the maid was going to be a setup for a trap. Like, the maid was a stand in for Eli and her family and whatever punishment she gave the maid is exactly what would be given to her. Thus making an ironic twist of having chosen her own punishment as if she were from the standpoint of the victim.

I get that this things basically anthrax and thats cool but leslie has darkness telepathy powers why is this an issue? She can just levitate it out of were its kept and put it where her mom wants it no problem

Double-page supporter
Just kill the bitch, she's JUST the mother of a prince. Nobody gives a rats ass about her death, so just have her killed, and kill the prince she's helping while you're at it, because, again, he's JUST a prince - there are others.

Group Leader
I think leslie will be fine, because she can make her shadow to touch that and not touch that by her hands, right? And thanks for the translation:)

Wait I'm confused if someone can help me, is the Empress dowager Arlendo's mom or his step grandmother? What's her relationship with the current emperor, his super young stepmom? Why is she supporting Arlendo out of all people

@Kaarme
pretty sure it's not common knowledge that whoever touches it/releases it dies. Empress did say that Salvatore mom won't know about it, and the guardian of the empire would know such stuff. Chapter actually implied that only the family of the Empress knew.

My guess is that the arabella doesn't touch it? I need to reread it, but it seems they open the chamber and step in, but don't activate it by touching, because if so, the arabellas would be all dead, which they apparently aren't. (Or else there'd be a fuss, those kids are noble after all)

Better question is: If people are aware there's a weapon, why wait until now? Why not get it themselves, why need an arabella to get it? Hope we get more info with the next chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@Vofuro If the Arabella never touch it to fulfill their mission, then Leslie won't touch it either. It's not like the empress dowager would be lurking by the doorway and order Leslie to touch it, or not only touch it but steal the box and bring it to her. Well, actually she might be, but nobody would follow such random, crazy orders, except maybe Eli. So, there's no difference whatsoever. If the Arabella regularly died, everybody would know of it and nobody would willingly send their child there, unless someone wanted to get rid of their child.

I kinda forget what arabela’s job is :/ is it to take the elpetis out? Why would it need to be taken out anyways? And if it is the job then all the arabela’s are dead? I thought it was chosen through social status n exam so it couldn’t be that people would want to sacrifice their kid right?

Y'all should just tell Leslie tho, so if ever she becomes the arabella she can just be careful and use her shadows. Plus she's older now. But then again, author probably want drama so they won't tell Leslie, great.

@Kaarme
jup. that's why I suspect there's a plan to make the arabella activate it, thus dying. Or, in Leslie's case, most likely surviving it via plot armor and reasons, if she's indeed the one to activate it.
Still. Why wasn't the weapon taken before? Or a deal made with the arabella before, if it's recent knowledge? I fear another slightly plot-holey arc...

Dex-chan lover
What a dumb cunt of an Empress Dowager lol. I hope she watches as the prince she cares for dies in front of her

Dex-chan lover
Ellie is a jealous worm and Medea is one manipulative sociopath. I feel bad for the maid who was following her orders...

Medea is insane if she thinks she can control this magic disease. Duchess Salvatore will likely start searching for a way to Leslie handle this safely.

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't the safest option be to report this to the church or emperor?

does that mean every arabella in the past has died? wouldn't that be really big news though? how could the Salvatores not know that beforehand...

Users who are viewing this thread