The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 63

I feel so confused??? didn't they forget something important?? wasnt Eli also supposed to be the Arabella?? so there's no need to put Leslie in that situation or am I confusing myself with this.

Dex-chan lover
@WanderingSpectator If I'm reading it correctly, Eli only passed the first part of the test(with bribes) when she broke her leg, and couldn't do the other test. So they only said she was a candidate to be the priests; nothing about who was/would be Arabella, but its also likely it is recommendation-based. The Empress believes that Leslie will win anyway, but it doesn't matter to her. What the empress is trying to do is to simply remove the plague box from the special room and bring it out into the open. Its what Acela wants too, but because of the message the Empress sent her, she now has to decide if she's gonna have Leslie get the box(which would supposedly kill her[we know it won't since she fMC]) and prevent it from falling into the Empress' hands to halt her ambitions, or let Eli do it, which would put the box in the Empress hands. We still don't know what it can do, but it can be assumed that the Empress has much more knowledge on how it works, and probably only needs it to be removed from the room to use it in any capacity, but since Acela doesn't know that, that's why she wanted Leslie to be Arabella.

Damn biological warfare ,in my shoujo manga ?
This is as insane as it is insidious…but I appreciate a female antagonist that is more fleshed out then the stereotypical.
evil, slutty bitch mom/jealous delusional girl”.

Their been more effort to flesh out the religion and culture in this story then any other euro-fantasy webtoon ive read so far. So if the empress[ Dowager ?] is from a fallen kingdom
I see why she would want her [grand]son to be the heir. This is medieval politics where "when you play the game of thrones you when or you die". Its pretty malevolent to use a biological weapon but its also tender how she is willing to get such a dangerous weapon to protect her boy "even if she is gone".

Im still confused on if the Empress Dowager thing is correct,because that is typical the title for the mother of the Emperor in power, not the wife of the Emperor. She must have been really young
when she had her first child.

Dex-chan lover
hmm, I bet the shadows will help her against this eleptis thing. wouldn't surprise me if there is a connection between the two somehow.

I need this empress dowager to die right now. Like N-O-W! She's getting on my nerves. Ugly bitch! 🤬

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Eli ------Hate Meter-----Empress
10/10 ----------------------8/10 100/10

How about not touching the anthrax. Plague doctor getup is the medieval equivalent to a hazmat suit.

Unpopular opinion: I actually like Jaracanda as she had clear political reasons for doing things, albeit cruel and reckless. She doesn't even mind if she meet her end. I think she might know a way to control such dangerous biological weapon because she looked so sure that it's going to help the prince, or she's just crazy.
Well, either way, I enjoy a good villain's trait. After all, it is the necessary spice to create a splendid heroic tale.

Double-page supporter
Elpeltis? Seems like elpis (the hope left in pandora's box) with extra letters lol

Medea is pure evil, it would be good if she died of Elpeltis (whatever it's called) in the end. Why can't she just chill and enjoy a lavish life in the background? And maybe do some charity while she's at it. But I guess every story needs its villain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
@WoodyCyber That's exactly the thought I had when it was first named as "nightmare". I'm pretty sure that the darkness of the Sperado family line is related to it somehow, and all the spirits are going to fight against it or overwhelm it and seal it back in the box, or something like that. I don't see Leslie absorbing the power within.

Dex-chan lover
Empress Dowager is dumb as fuck. Trying to weaponize a disease so virulent that nothing aside from deus ex machina could stop it ravaging the world previously. What does she expect will happen if she releases it?

Users who are viewing this thread