The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 81

Group Leader
@Sol_Invictus
As a scanlator myself, I'm scanlating for free and someone snipe the series I'm working on. How would you feel?
Sniping/pick is okay after a month or two with no update.

Banned
Imo on the sniping bullshit, it's appreciative of everyone that translates and provides chapters, but that also means people need to understand they have no exclusive rights over them. The more people working on them, the better imo. Competition breeds productivity. Tired of series where no translations for months (this isn't one, at least) and being behind the raws by dozens or even hundreds of chapters.

If the "main group" is only at chapter 30 of a series and someone wants to come in and translate/share chapter 92 cause it has a really cool scene they wanna share, so be it. Free for all as far as I'm concerned unless you actually get EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO TRANSLATE FROM THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNER!

Your work isn't wasted cause others come along and do their own shit. It's still just as valid and appreciated when you might release a higher quality version. Not as many might see it, but those that do will appreciate it. If you're more upset because it won't be as popular as the one released sooner, that sounds like a mindset problem. Like you're doing it for popularity/clout/whatnot instead of the love of the story/series itself.

Typesetting isn't the worst, but the sentences feel stilted compared to work of the tl group working on this. Not the worst MTL translation, by far, but still rough.

Dex-chan lover
Oh hey look, a budding scanlator!

How long do you guys think this new scanlator will last before he gets bullied off the scene? Remember, scanlation is a serious fucking hobby. These people mean business. Sometimes, literal business.

Aggregator gang
It honestly makes me wonder what he "doesn't like in the translations available". We've got a good scanlation team for this comic.

@Jupitus

Aside from the watermarks and the odd font choice, the grammar isn't that bad. I read so many different series everyday that I don't put much thought into those things. The original group is definitely better with higher quality raws, cleaning and typesetting but I honestly didn't have a reaction bigger that "Huh, looks different" this time.

I don't understand the "politics" between scan groups, so forgive me if I was rude to anyone! ☺

@Redice Its just another machine translator, hardly a legit scanlator. If you can't bother putting in the effort to be able to properly translate a manga, you shouldn't even be in the scene to begin with.

Well despite other people's complaints I appreciate the translation. I also appreciate the team who is dedicated to the series. Reading any version makes me happy.

>Doesn't like the existing translations
>Can't actually understand Korean
???

@Redice Never mind that your precious "budding scanlator" doesn't even understand the language that the machines are TL'ing from, but sure; "serious" scanlators bad and people who take translation seriously are all bullies /s.

Pretty impressive translations, but I don't understand the point of burning bridges like so.

Everyone arguing about sniping n'all while I'm here laughing my ass on the trash panda scene

Group Leader
@Redice I have seen a lot of solo translators getting bullied and I've personally received hate PMs and comments too . Quite a few scanlators remained but most of them stopped.

However, it is a small group of people that's harassing new people because I saw the same nickname as the one who messaged me. Most of the time, you get good people and they are the one I am truly grateful for.

I think of this as a hobby and I enjoy doing it, I thought that was the whole point of inofficial or fan scanlation but people are taking this wayyyy too seriously. At the end of the day, the series belongs to the Author and Artist, not us.

@Kassowari if you need help, feel free to message me. I don't mind teaching.

Anyone else that's interested can also pm me. I'll try my best to answer. There's also a discord group called Scan school (don't remember details though) that teaches scanlations. Feel free to join them!

Edit: https://discord.com/invite/NCzxVB9 - the discord group

Users who are viewing this thread