The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 81

@DrDuckling Can you please enlighten me as to why people give a shite about sniping? I'm genuinely curious because I've seen people get really heated about it. At the end of the day, does it really matter who translates a series as long as they provide a decent translation? Especially since we're all reading it for free

BRO DONT FUCKING SNIPE. It puts more pressure on the OG translating group AND its fucking annoying and clear that you used a translator bot and not even the real raws. Please use the proper raws before you translate something.

Dex-chan lover
@Natey-Night It's a quality thing, don't blow it off like that. I've been through this before with another series. Some new group comes in, couldn't form simple English sentences but everyone raved because "hey new releases!" Translation was all over the place, only my teenage years on IRC in the 00s helped me figure out what I was reading. The original group got sick of it, dumped their entire load of chapters in one go, buggered off and left the series for dead.

So did the new group when they realised they were on their own.

Dex-chan lover
@Sol_Invictus It wouldn't be an issue if translation groups just didn't give a shit but they tend to be kind of possessive of the series they translate and sniping can lead to them dropping that series (which usually kills them because snipers rarely bother with frequent releases). I personally find it pretty dumb to think you own something you are pirating (plus, anti-sniper rules tend to allow dickheads to monopolize entire series instead of protecting decent translation groups from abuse) but I can see why they would be pissed about it.

I'm not accusing Not a Scans Scans Group of anything, though. I honestly don't know anything about them or how they deal with this stuff, I'm just talking based on what I saw in previous unrelated shitstorms.

Not even going to read this. I'm going to wait for Not A Scans Scans Group to release the chapter

Thanks for the update!!! Ignore all of the hate in the comments. It’s not sniping when you’re a solo translator. We appreciate your hard work and effort.

@ the note at the end: how tf could you prefer MTL over actual translations lmao 💀

Users who are viewing this thread