The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 11

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Its only one day after Father's Day and we have already have a good example of a father that doesn't deserve it.

Dex-chan lover
This guy is planning something and i don't like it we need to have a pair freak crossbow bolts fly through the window and into his head and tiny cold black heart

Dex-chan lover
well at least the author did put in that transferring MC's power to the older sister wouldn't result in sister + MC power but rather just pushes the weaker one to the the max who's max is 8

Dex-chan lover
oh no...dad got hold of knowledge...time for MC to seriously escape this time

@lito954 i propose 3 tons of powder kegs under his room. just what Guy Fawkes prescribes

meh feels like the author felt it urgent to reveal the father’s evil schemes, so that they could hurry to the good stuff, resulting in a rushed development here (and 2d villain scheming)

I’m just saying this bc beforehand, I thought this would turn out more complex and intriguing than the other otome-art-style mangas, but ehhhh... oh well

I don't understand 😵
Why is it supposed to make sense to sacrifice a silver haired child with 10 power to push a gold haired child from low power to 8 power?
Or are the silver haired ones usually without power? (They said "...transfering her magic..." in ch. 2 though)

Edit:
Oh, just realised. They have to awaken to use their power. Maybe that's it.
Awakened gold 2 + unawakened silver 10 = awakened gold 8.
Would fit with the father wanting to keep silver once he realised she awakened as well.

Aggregator gang
So he's ignorant about it for his entire life then suddenly comes to the conclusion that she has power the moment she comes back.
Yeah, that's some bullshit plot right there.

This guy must be deluded if he thinks he can get Les to do his bidding. Poor Les, I hope she can get adopted by Salvatore sooner

Dex-chan lover
@kurohanani she used the power in front of him, he was just confirming if it was true and it is possible hence this chapter aka NOT bullshit plot

Goodness i thought leslie was adopted or a bastard child but she's actually their own biological daughter??? Just how could you do this to your own blood and flesh?

Group Leader
Still don't get why the Salvatore woman sent the girl back to an abusive murderous family.
She could have just hidden the girl, not like that family would report her missing, at least until the next sacrifice was needed.

She likes the girl and needs her immense powers to help her family gain more status, but still takes the risk of sending her back, knowing that if her powers are discovered, the girl will be lost forever.

That's just dumb. It's like throwing a baby to the hyenas to protect it from the lions...

So, 2 things from what I read
1) Silver was always better, but gold sucked so much they had to sacrifice a silver to get them to be remotely useful
2) Power is lost in sacrifices. It doesn't just fail to transfer, but leaves the family entirely. This power lost is kept by the spirit of the sacrificed. Over several hundred generations, this power, the number of vengeful spirits, built up to be practically 100% of the families power.

So, in short, they screwed themselves over. I wonder if the other families who have weakened powers (compared to Salvatore) did similar things.

Users who are viewing this thread