The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 11

Group Leader
This is gonna be a painful month. But at least the happiness shown on the cover lies ahead.

Dex-chan lover
Talk about your motivational lie. This is near bloody White Court of Vampires from the Dresden Files. At least when they kill a person when they become a vampire is is accidental because the new vamps are kept ignorant to their true nature.

This system needs to end. There is no other choice.

Double-page supporter
so the other 2 stack in fire and she recieve it all, the more ppl sacrified before u the more power u get fucking op lmao

Dex-chan lover
@aFFi
They already explained it to you during this chapter and the one before.
Kidnapping tends to be a negative when it comes to the adoption process.
The Royal family would yoink her instead and they aren't trustworthy since there's no way they're actually stupid enough to have not noticed after a thousand years.
There is a spy in the house which means attempting kidnapping like you're proposing wouldn't work at all.

Double-page supporter
Still hoping she trains her powers to be an assassin and hunts down every member of that household.
I bet Salvatore would be pleased with the outcome was well.

Aggregator gang
SO SLOOOOW

I wanna see these evil people sufferrrrr

BTW Seems to be a problem with the word awaken/awakened in the translation.

Double-page supporter
@DrNagnorjum
Thanks for the theory 😅
What if the golden-haired kid is killed? Will the power be transfered to the silver one?

All I can think about is how Les was told not to get hurt while at home, but now the father's face clearly says he's about to torture her to figure out if Les truly has the darkness power. I need the next chapter now! ;_;

Also, I hope Lady Salvatore tells her husband of her suspicions because I would love to see hulk daddy verses evil daddy! Gee, I wonder who will get snapped in half? >:3

I wouldn't be surprised if the beginning of the downfall of that family starts with the father deciding to sacrifice the older daughter, and it causes the mother and older daughter to rebel against him.

The only problem with trying to sacrifice the older daughter, is she is already engaged to a prince...it would be harder to sweep her death under the run like they have for the other children

Double-page supporter
This guy's awfully happy for a man who just discovered the daughter he abuses on a regular basis, whom he's recently attempted to murder as part of a ritual sacrifice, and has stopped listening to anything they say as a result of said sacrifice... is apparently the second coming of one of the most powerful magic users in the world.

@Serkket I don't think Salvatore would be happy to see a child like her to be a killing machine. Salvatore would likely train her as a noble warrior/mage. Also simply killing that family is not revenge. Leslie needs to strip away all the precious things that family thought they had and torment them more.

@firefish5000 yep, but something I still didnt get is, why don't just have the silver haired children be the loved one if their power is so great and sacrifice the golden haired just to add up?

@blueoddog maybe silver haired kids rarely awaken their powers. Or that they weren't able to because they died at a young age. Other reasons would be that first borns are usually the favorites.

Group Leader
@RamenRider
No no, I don't mean make it public that she kidnapped her. Let the murderous family think that the girl is just running away, hide her from the public for a while, then start the process of adopting a runaway child.
There's other methods too, like send a bodyguard with her (like a ninja), who can at least watch over her and not leave a fucking baby alone in the middle of hostile territory surrounded by a ton of people who wants her death.
Or enter in open conflict with the family for some bullshit reasons, just to make sure their attention isn't on the little girl that also has to hide her only method of defence.

Anyway, the more I think about the plot of this manga, the dumber it gets.
The dad figuring out that "Magic Rope Disappeared" means she's a powerful being, like how the hell do you directly come to this conclusion.
The fact that priests can heal the girl's burned arms (those also where old-ish wounds), but not the burnt face of the Salvatore's miss.
The dad wanting to no kill the kid anymore, because she *will* become a powerful weapon... yeah, because manipulating someone you've been either abusing or ignoring since birth who is now immensely powerful is such a good idea.
Making the whole "she has to go back to her abusers" plot is dumb too. There's tons of ways to create tension and suspense while the girl lives with the Salvatore... The author didn't have to make up a convoluted reason to make her go back. Why choose the Salvatore family when they don't seem that powerful, and have to actually follow the rules...

So, yeah, I'll stop thinking altogether while reading this, and just try to enjoy the ride

Users who are viewing this thread