The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 12

Wow, what a filthy dad. A slow and painful death suits his end 🤔

@Svelandria

I'm glad you enjoyed the raws! And yes the latest one with her as a giant furball was adorable! Although that cliffhanger where we see Ellie come back has me worried of little bit. I don't know how long Leslie has been at her new home for but I'm pretty sure Ellie is suffering now that her dad has probably officially gone insane. I'm worried how she'll take it out on Leslie. But yes her new dad is really huge guy, but he's such a super softee. XD And from closely looking at the new brother's facial reactions I don't think her other one necessarily hates Leslie so much as he's very confused as to why his parents are taking on this huge risk and what her actual purpose being there is. It really just seems like, same as his older brother, he also doesn't know how to interact properly with children so this will be a learning curve for him. At least that's my opinion; this will probably change once the translations have caught up though.

I just can´t imagine how the end of the Sperado-Family will take like 50 Chapters or more.
They´re begging to be hated.... to get there peerage taken from them and get exiled to the coalmines (there are always some coalmines)

Dex-chan lover
lol i tried to burn you to death while saying your existence has no meaning except being a sacrifice because i care about you

Dex-chan lover
"...There's a big man in the sky, and there are 12 things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of them, at any given time, he'd send you to a very special place of fire, smoke, torture, and anguish, where he'll send you to live to burn, choke, scream, and cry forever until the end of time...
But he loves you".

Yikes. This entire comic makes me want child protective services to exist so somebody can hold her family accountable without her having to go through all of this alone. I know she's getting herself out but...this is traumatic.

Then I remember that CPS is terrible at their jobs and give up on that idea. Damn this whole thing is sad.

Aggregator gang
So it takes a deranged Marquis to make him look like a 'normal' loving caring father? Interesting...

Dex-chan lover
Sir Marquis, we're trying to eat here, would you kindly not bring all that bullshit to the table?

It's pretty comical at this point. Firstly, how drastically his behavior changed. Like, you don't even bother telling your wife and daughter about it, huh? Just flip a switch and act like it's always been this way.

And then there's his assumption that she'll listen to him because...uh...because.

Leslie doesn't need or want anything he has to offer, and all he's doing right now is making enemies of everyone else as well. The fire bit is ominous, but...we'll see where that goes.

So, when children with power of 10 is sacrificed, 8 will go to the blond kid. Then we see the phrase "but where did the 2 go?". My theory is that the 2 power got left behind as the spirits linger in the furnace, and then got transferred to leslie. Hence, how leslie suddenly have that enormous strength

Dex-chan lover
So, something's been bothering me.

Do her "parents"(can't call them that properly given how they treat her) actually believe that throwing a child into a fire would make them like you?
Let alone taking a spear and bunting them in with the blunt end?
How stupid is this guy?

My best bet for why the asshatfather thought she would still be loyal to him is due to the concept of filial piety, aka the concept that one should always be good to one's parents; to take care of one's parents; to engage in good conduct not just towards parents but also outside the home so as to bring a good name to one's parents and ancestors; to show love, respect and support, etc, etc. But again, that is a possible reason for his reaction using a Confucian concept.

@OmegaProject
Nope, this concept exist in any culture "obedience" : master-servant relationship.
Like how you've to respect your boss if you don't want to get fired even if he is a jerk.
Same concept apply here.

well i dont really expect high level of writing from a webtoon but all those actions are about as subtle as a brick shatter a glass window

Dex-chan lover
Ohgod, he even got her age wrong. The hell is wrong with these people?

Users who are viewing this thread