The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
I think we need a back story on how the Duchess and that big bear of a husband she has met.

Aggregator gang
Rereading this series, the fact that this isn't an Isekai really makes it way better.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I hate how royal families and nobility in general are shown in a ridiculously positive light in so much fiction (ESPECIALLY manga), but it's impossible not to love the Salvatore family. I'm a sucker for the big, rough but friendly trope and so far Papa's introduction has been fantastic. Also the Duchess could snap my neck any day of the week, just sayin'.

Fed-Kun's army
@zephyrnepres what fictions are you reading? The majority of ones I read (especially Japanese ones) portray them as corrupt and evil. Even in this one the MC’s family are all horrible people.

Fed-Kun's army
They act like "massacre" is bad word.
Were the translators unable to find an equivalent slur? I'm curious to know what it was in the original language.

"Skull-fucked" would've worked.

Dex-chan lover
@its about 50/50 from what I've seen even in the same story. Depends on what the author wants to go with but like real life there are good and bad people at every social rank. It's just the evil one leave a bigger impression. For example will you sooner think about Nixon and Watergate or FDR and his countless good deeds.

In this chapter the scanlators suddenly started calling the Marquis "Marquess". That's the female denomination and wrong for him.

Contributor
Sairaine's a repeat offender; it makes the part where Bethrion throws him out even funnier.

Also, Leslie did go out a few times, and both the prince and several priests saw how she looked, not to mention her wounds. There's solid evidence, however sparse.

Dex-chan lover
"I can still remember the day Beth said 'fucking massacre' to the royals" Haha, so he did this exact thing once before

Users who are viewing this thread