The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 22

Ruenti's reaction toward Leslie and the cookie event was totally me. All I could think was "what the heck??????".

For sure, she has not ever considered world domination, nor will she ever, however, in the process of obviously never attempting to actually start a cult with the intent of dominating to world, more likely than not, this mc milky!Leslie will surely end up taking over the world and then also not rule over it as some sort of tyrannical monarch??!1!!!!11!1!!!?? / ,

Fed-Kun's army
I couldn't stop smiling throughout the cookie event. This webtoon is gonna give me diabetes.

As someone who is quite a nerd, I understand how sir Ruenti is happy when he learned that Leslie shared something in common in him. And I second what @daallday just said. I mean, as Leslie ever said to sir Bethrion, she didn't feel any resentment from sir Ruenti even though sir Ruenti was kinda rude to her. And I believe that sir Ruenti doesn't hate Leslie in the first place, he just feels annoyed about Leslie is a part of Sperado, so we don't need too much development on how Ruenti despises our dear Leslie.

P.S. Once you read the next chapter, you'll understand that sir Ruenti isn't exactly open up, he just feels happy that someone understands his taste of knowledge.

Dex-chan lover
I personally think the maid who always came into Leslie's room was the one who taught her, or gave her the material to study then tested her and the maid seemed to be oblivious of the fact that Leslie was a planned sacrifice. And I doubt there was ever a tutor since why would the Sperado spend a penny on a sacrifice? The maid also constantly says shit about representing her older sister in the older chapters so yeah, that's what I think.

I think why Sperado family desperate a lot to make Leslie learn too much, is so that they would let Eli do whatever she wants besides learning. They'll let Leslie do all the hard work while Eli can sit around waiting to be a bride of the royal family

I get why some think it was overboard for every (minus Rue) to cheer Les for putting a cookie in her drink, even Les agrees that it was silly of her to get so happy over something so simple. But O give her a pass, she is basically catching up with her childhood. She wasn't able to have fun under her garbage tier family.

As for why Sperados would have Les study despite being nothing but a sacrifice to them. It's mostly for appearance or for an excuse to make Les feel useless and to further lower her self-esteem.

Dex-chan lover
The excessive fawning over that cookie-thing was so surreal, it transcended being "quirky and cute". It became just disgusting.
Yes, we get it, the girl is cute, but that scene pushed it way over the line. o_0

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist
Yeah definitely, but lack of sleep + overexcitment can make you do weird things, and once the mood spreads there is no stopping it. Even Leslie got caught in it. I doubt she was the only one questioning the scene later on.

Users who are viewing this thread