The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath I doubt he'll win. He's pulling out all the stops just to get the trial rolling and Salvadore has already garnered countermeasures for the trial with ease. What's more, Leslie is not going to go quietly, and since the chain was made to be used in the privacy of the home it's very likely that a) it's of dubious moral means that really shouldn't be seen in public (and would instantly verify abuse charges) and b) probably needs to be wrapped around more than just her wrist to work.

Long story short, this trial is going to be a clusterfuck because Sperado has started to crack.

Group Leader
That sperm donor needs to burn. Now.

Also, plz more chapters. I'm suffering deficiencies of Leslie, Enti and Beth. TTATT

Dex-chan lover
I get the feeling the Sperado Marchis will be just a pawn in some game that the Queen Medea willl play. 😎

Dex-chan lover
Hmm...my guess is that Queen Medea is the one who received the letter and this is keikaku doori.

What was probably not expected are the darkness-sealing chains, but...how do I put this? So what?
Firstly, you still have to put them on Leslie for them to work, which means she either has free reign until you somehow drag her back home or you're gonna chain up your daughter in public.

Secondly, Leslie's strength is barely connected to her Darkness power. I sometimes even forget she has it. If anything, it's no more than a bargaining chip and vengeance motivator for her. Girl is still smart. Girl still has nerves of steel. And girl is still ready to break free and escape.

A more tragic thought is that even under the worst case scenario, Leslie will just get violent with her power and attack her relatives until she's put down.

Fed-Kun's army
i hate that man so much fslkajfdslk can that whole family just ROT (except for leslie ofc) i can't wait until this stupid trial happens, hopefully they can prove that this guy is an abusive jerk (if it's the duchess i have faith!!)

thank you very much for the update!

Nep

Dex-chan lover
"If things had gone as I planned she would be married and starved..."

No. She'd be burned to death. -_-

Retard's got memory loss.

Fed-Kun's army
Hey, am I the only one planning out the Duchess's defense in my head? Because even without physical evidence, they have a really strong case.

@0neDragon I don't think so. I think it's just building it up and setting the background etc. I think there will be a timeskip, judging on the first cover that used to be on here and is still up as the cover for the novel on novelupdates. The mc looks older there, at least a mid teenager or older.

This guy isn't just trash, he's a whole ass garbage dump
He tried to burn his daughter alive and somehow thinks he's the victim
I hope the duchess beats him up again. I also feel like the queen is gonna trick him, and I really hope she does.

Fed-Kun's army
Yea I would be really surprised if the Royal Family just follows along with the Marquess machinations. it earns them little while makes them arch enemies of the powerful salvatores. Also it would mean they are comically incompetent rulers, possible but a little overdone.

Contributor
@0neDragon

at the beginning I thougth the story will mainly play after she got adopted, but seeing how long it takes for the trial (that dicides if she has to stay with her family or can be adopted) to start I start to think that it will all end after the trail and I don't like that thougth that mutch

Nah, ofc it won't end after the trial, but it will probably be the end of the first season near chapter 45/50.
Then we will probably get a timeskip like a lot of others story with kids ( i am a child of this house, Sincerely i became a duke maid, etc...)

Also, contray to others here, i think he WILL be able to side with the royalty, simply because he is loyal to them, somewhat.
And the royalty don't really like Leslie adoptive family, because they're very powerful, and could be a potential menace for them.

Dex-chan lover
"Your next move is convincing the queen to open a noble trial!"
"I'm going to convince the queen to open a noble trial! Nani?!"

Users who are viewing this thread